Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Looking for Colorado Oct 2012 Hunting Partner

Old 02-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Spike

Default Looking for Colorado Oct 2012 Hunting Partner

Hi all,

First time post and new to HuntingNet !

I am looking to go on a first time Guided or Drop Elk hunt in Oct 2012 in Colorado, for rifle, OTC Tags. This will be my first time Big Game hunting and looking for someone to split the costs or partner up. If you have experience that is a plus.

I have not chosen an Outfitter or paid any deposits. Still checking Outfitters and really dont want to spend any more then $3000 - $3500.

I have the money, but want to research this thoroughly before giving my deposit and would like to see if someone wants to partner up ? I would be driving to CO from Iowa by the way.

PM me...
Greg
Old 02-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

You'd be better to find an experienced local hunter to team up with, and forget the outfitter.

Save all that money you'd spend on an outfitter, and pay the expenses of the hunter. He'll be happy, and you'll save a bunch of money.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Spike

Default True..

I would much prefer that option since Guided hunts can be quite expensive...I may not have a choice if I want to go hunting though.

I would gladly pay "some" expenses if I could find someone local from Iowa and we could then take a road trip and do a drop somewhere.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:00 PM
krg
Spike

Hi Greg, I have hunted CO for Elk, first combined season OTC in the Gunnison, Black Canyon area, had a great time and i am hoping to be planning a trip this year, 2012, to the same area. Hoping to have someone pack us into the West Elk wilderness area, on a DIY hunt. So far its kinda loose til we get a little more info from a friend on the ground out there. We can talk about it more if your interested. Jim
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck! Keep us posted!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm game for a 2013 CO mulie
Old 02-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Spike

PM sent.

Looking at Rifle 2.