Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

MyTopo.com maps

Old 08-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MyTopo.com maps

I am leaving in 3 weeks for an early rifle high country buck in Colorado. I decided to get a custom map made that just covers the main hunting areas we will be in. MyTopo.com allows you to custom make a map where you center on any point you want. I custom made the maps this past weekend and it allows you to save the map. I came back to it for several days until I decided I had the map exactly like I wanted it. I then ordered 2 maps on Monday night (3 days ago). I got them today! And that was using regular first class mail. The maps are 18" x24" , waterproof, tearproof, and large detail (1:15,000), but they fold up small enough to slip into a back pocket. $9.95 each plus $2 shipping.

Needless to say, I am greatly impressed with this service. It sounds like I am advertizing for them, but this was the first time I have ever used them. Check it out if you need a topo.
Old 08-14-2003, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MyTopo.com maps

Sounds great, enjoy your hunt in CO. I have the DeLorme Topo USA series resident on my laptop and run off maps as I need them for a specific area. The services you describe are great when you want that kind of detail for a larger area than your home printer can provide and are really cost effective. If you wouls like to see aerial photographs of the area you are going to hunt, got to www.mapquest .com and use the advanced features to type in a LAT/LON of the area and zoom in.
Have fun!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MyTopo.com maps

MyTopo.com also provides aerial photos too.