Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Hunting companion

Old 10-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting companion

Dedicate here to the memory of a person,pet or special weapon that had a big impact on your experience as a hunter.In the case of a person,you can give first names or initials.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Donnie was a friend of 37 yrs.In 1985 he started hunting.In '85 or'86 he bought his first gun,an 870 Rem.,12 gu.I helped him pattern the gun w/various ammo.We had a large group that hunting together initially but that number dwindled as life took it course.Me and Donnie stuck it out,though.He became an excellent hunter.A natural.Donnie passed this summer at 47 years of age.We always discussed hunting,tactics and areas.We were planning for this season.I will continue to hunt because that's a part of who I am.It will certainly be different,thouth.Nothing can change that.At least I know he has an eternal future.
Old 10-28-2011, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

Hannah was my first pointing dog. Got her about 8wks and had her for two days shy of 16 yrs. Her last hunt was when she was 13yrs old. She taught me everything about dog's! She's gone about ten years now and I still miss her like yesterday. My ash's will be buried
with her.

From her last hunt at 13yrs old.