Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Black Bear Hunts, Northern Ontario

Old 09-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Spike

Default Black Bear Hunts, Northern Ontario

We have six spots left to fill for the 2012 season. Every year we kill bears between 300-500 lbs and will be hunting a 20 mile section of land that has never been baited and hunted for black bears . You will have a great chance at harvesting a real trophy bear. references not a problem....

Abitibi Outfitters
Old 10-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Land in Northern Ontario - Iroquois Falls that has never been hunted for black bears? Come on Andy maybe never guided by you. Be honest with the people now. Any resident of Ontario can hunt bears there and if I am a betting man they have........

Having said that I am sure you have a good area.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Spike

Default Thanks for your un-educated opinion

Hi muskyhunter,

First of all the area in question has never been commerially hunted by any outfitter. I know this because it took along time to have the mnr create this bma after applying to have the crown land made into a new bma, which is river access only. Secondly you are right that any resident can hunt bears there. If you lived in the area you know that there are very few local bear hunters and that the locals mostly hunt the local grains fields or the fresh blueberry cuts that are all over and make it much easier and cheaper than baiting 3-4 times a week. I can assure you that there is no local that is running up the river 5,10 or 20 miles to baits bears 3 times a week when he knows he can drive down the road and shoot a bear with little effort and cost. We put our baits off the beaten path where we know there are no locals hunting the cuts or fields. It would be stupid of me to waste my time baiting area where any local could drive down the road and shoot a bear that I have spent hrs every week for months baiting. So if you don't mind before you go bashing what someone has said or advertised it would be nice if you were alittle more educated on what you are saying. Its hard enough to run a business without guys like you putting doubt in peoples minds that are using these sites as means of selecting good outfitters. If you would like I can put you in touch with the correct people at the cochrane district mnr and I'm sure that they will inform you that what I've said is the honest truth!! As for anyone looking for a bear hunt I have refernces from all over the usa, with many of them being repeat customers who haven't hunted the same area twice..I must be doing something right!