Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Greatest big game animal

Old 08-05-2003, 10:19 PM

Default RE: Greatest big game animal

The most fun I have had on a hunt was on a mountain goat hunt, but huntin those swamp camel' s, (Rosevelt elk) would have to be a close second.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:06 PM

For me it would have to be ELK! Only those who have had a big bull only 20 yards away screaming his guts out, would understand. These are some awesome creatures! I guess it comes down to everyones opinnion, but I would bet if everyone had the chance to be close to a screaming bull elk, opinnions would change in a hurry!!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:50 AM

well put bugel
Old 08-06-2003, 12:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-06-2003, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

The white deer.Who said they are not big game,my permit says big game on it every year.They may not be the biggest in stature,but in smarts(big bucks) and challenge to hunt their big to me
Old 08-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

Over the counter sheep tags in Alberta? How do I get there? Somebody hook me up. I' ll be pushin' up daisies by the time I git a Wyomin' sheep tag.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotish, for one thing its U.S. or USA, never us, but being a swed I' ll cut ya some slack, but if you ask a dozen different hunters here in the good ole USA, your going to get all kinds of answers depending on ones likeing no doubt, we all have our own goals in persueing our own big game, my own personal challenge would be a nice bull moose with a bow, but every year I get rejected since its on a quota system. My next choice is persueing elk dureing the peak of the rut, and then after that, maybe a trophy whitetail. Good luck, Bobby
Old 08-06-2003, 10:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I love them all, each has their own merits and challenges. I ain' t picking a fav...nahuh
Old 08-06-2003, 11:57 PM

Gotish, I am supposed to go over to your neck of the woods to chase some moose in the next couple years with some relatives, maybe you can cover my spot in elk camp here while I' m gone. Something about hunting moose with dogs just seems too wierd.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:26 AM
Typical Buck

I' ll go with skeeter and say that I really can' t choose a favorite. For me, I love them all as every hunt has been an experience of the senses and the memories live on. I am looking forward to hunting mule deer for the first time this fall (Montana) and am solely focused right now on working out, gathering gear, and doing everything in my power to make the trip good for my brother and for myself. I' ve hunted elk 4 times and the experience of renting the horses, packing the gear in, and the sweat and hard work that went into it were all worth the chance to sneak thru the dark timber and hear a bull bugle below me. Moose were fun to hunt as are whitetails and any other that I' ll go on in the future. I' d love to try Bighorn sheep as that would be a challenge too. The greatest...To me there is alot more involved in the equation than just the animal. There are hunting partners, the land, the experience, etc.

Quick Reply: Greatest big game animal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.