Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear defense - with incendiary rounds?

Old 05-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 10mmglock
ok so no round is big enough when it comes to defense against grizzlies... aside from a 500 magnum and a 50BMG. I did a little research not too long ago and put an order in for 10mm incendiary (explosive) rounds for my glock. they came in and they make a pretty damn big "explosion". Look on youtube you can find a few links demonstrating their effect.

Bottom line, I know these rounds wont explode unless they hit a hard surface (metal, concrete, bear skull etc). do any of you think it would be decent defense against a charging bear? theyre made to start fires, maybe it can set the bear on fire? burn its eyes out? do NOTHING? looking for some input, thanks
You can't be serious
Old 05-09-2011, 01:27 AM
Fork Horn

make sure you take a jar of vasoline so it doesn't hurt so bad when the bear shoves the Glock and your exploding rounds up your back side.

If you are serious and want a round that would work for animal defense then you will need to look for something that will penetrate to the central nervous system and shut the animal down. For factory 10mm that would mean the 200gr hard cast bullet from Double Tap. Glock does not recommend that you shoot lead bullets through their guns so either you buy an aftermarket barrel or look at the 200gr fmj round.