Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I smell smoke

Old 08-28-2003, 06:09 PM

Default RE: I smell smoke

Thanks Bobby, Ya we' re attempting to go back in a few miles(10 or so) but not too far to get ourselves in any trouble, we' ve been trying to make a plan ,but we find a spot and then the next day it seems to be burnin' too[:@] But I' m pretty confident we' ll go, we better I' m tired of waiting[:@].Nice to see it starting to cool off in the evening that' ll help. Good luck and again thanks fror the info
Old 08-29-2003, 11:25 PM

WOOOOOO WHOOOOOOO!!!!! They just reopened our area we were planning on going! 13 days and a wake up now! The HUNT is on!!![8D]
Old 08-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

6 more days for me as I went tropping the mountain sides today to locate the herds, found where they just were so I' m not too far away but I did manage to encounter a cow and calf moose, the cow was huge and I slipped to 50 yrds takeing some pictures, then the calf went behind mamma and she was trying to figure out if I was a threat but I realized it was time for me to back on out of there, as she was holding her own turf and I wasn' t going to press it.
Be back in the bush tomorrow to cheque out another herd on a different mountain slope, kinda like mountain goat country where it helps to have one leg longer than the other. I been slinging arrows a couple times a day for some time, all systems are go and looking good for opening day as I am takeing the first couple weeks off. Bobby
Old 09-01-2003, 09:06 PM

Sound like your about set Bobby. Hopfully I' ll have some similar luck, just gonna find a good waterin hole and wait