Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I smell smoke

Old 08-13-2003, 07:48 PM

Default RE: I smell smoke

Tim I wouldn' t brodcast the Flatulence tax too much it might catch on up here with all the loonies running thi place too

121553, Ya we just found out that the trailhead we were planning on using got shut down and were told to maybe alter our plans[:@]. This is one man rain dancing my buns off[]
Old 08-13-2003, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

That makes two raindancers trapper.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very smokey& hazy today cooler ...maybe too90* only been 99 for 90 days[X(]?? lol, that burnurt leaf smell- there is a fire on the other side of the mtns but not as stinking or visible so far, till now, some - So not as stink or so much smoke as the dead horse fire that was down the road time.[X(][&o]
Old 08-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

We went huckleberry picken today because there was rumor that the forest will be closed this week. We noticed quite of few roads that had closure signs due to the fires. Conditions were smokey as heck and visibility was very limited as the mountains were abscured by haze. Seeing and hearing choppers is common anymore. Temperatures have dropped to the 40' s in the night and high 80' s (f) thoughout the course of the day so its not so unbearable like it was a few weeks ago, but were not out of the woods yet. I' m ready for the snow. Bobby
Old 08-18-2003, 08:30 PM

I' m definitely sweating it[:@],last week my brotherinlaw called the Ranger over there and found out our trail head is closed due to fire near it. And the kicker is that fire(which I belive is the Pagoda Mt. fire) isn' t going to be fought, they' re using it as a wildland use fire. So we' ll probably move our trip back a few weeks[:@][:' (]. And I was all looking forward to hnting the rut,now I' m just joping to hunt them at all. Man trust me I' m with you on the praying thing. I' m starting to think that my lousy luck with the Elk the last six years is starting to rub off on you Boys in MT. Sorry[:-]
Old 08-18-2003, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got a lill taste (1/8 of a inch?)of rain today/last nite& the high was only 70 *today . localy

So far fires burning up north west& east i think, But i will be hunting cows 0ct 1 in s,cental Wy near the colo line (about 180 mile away i think? ) , seems ok...
so far.

But i will be thinking rain & doing a dance for rain for us all in need.!
Dont get hiney roasted getting wapti.
wanted last yr to have a big spit roast/ a 1/4 elk or more but the texins wouldt go for it lol
Old 08-23-2003, 12:57 AM

I see tonight the Missoula NOAA site is forecasting possible flash flooding tonight Provide it doesn' t do any damage to the residents, this is the best news I' ve heard in a couple week. Maybe that rain dance we' ve been doin' is starting to work
Old 08-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trapper, keep your danceing cause it seems to be workin, even though we been lackin the moisture we have had overcast and very kewl evenings that bring moisture with it.
I am takeing two weeks off Sept. 6, all systems GO!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2003, 09:42 PM

121553, How are the fires doing? Are they dying down at all? Do you know if the Bob is still open, and how crowded do you thinkt those areas that are will be? We' re probably still gonna go on the 12th and just find a new area. We were going to go in on the BEnchmark trail but I guess they closed it. I' m doing my best rain Jig
Old 08-27-2003, 09:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Trapper, I suggest that you remain flexable, kinda like an emergency Plan " B" , as there are areas down in the Bob Marshal that are closed off as well as areas in Glacier and sections of the South Fork have been closed.
Go to fwp.state.mt.us to find the areas that are effected. All areas that I know of on the west side of the divide are in a stage 11 fire restrictions meaning no campfires and smokeing only permited in a building or vechicle. Conditions are still hazey but the nights are very cool. If ventureing in the back country here, you need to be aware of the possible threat of a fire across the next ridge. Find the water holes and thats where you" ll find the game, good luck, Bobby

Quick Reply: I smell smoke

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.