Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Headshots Aren't Great Ideas - video

Old 07-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Spike

Default Headshots Aren't Great Ideas - video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmPar3kRfTQ

This video is NOT entertaining, it is basicly an announcement. Someone decided they would try their luck at being a sniper and failed. Headshots are not a great idea in most aspects of hunting. This poor animal is a perfect example of it.

We found this poor girl inside a game preserve near someones house, somebody shot her jaw apart, I understand these things happen but you can reduce the chance by leaving the head alone. The target is to small to get prefection every time.

We tried calling a game wardon to get permission to shoot her inside the preserve and tried to contact the land owner as well but couldn't reach either, so unfortunatly we had to leave the poor girl alone. I wish there was something else I could have done.

I don't like seing anything like this happening to any animal, this poor doe suffered a large amount, because someone thought they were a sniper, it didn't have to go down like that. I want to try to get the word out there, and convince people headshots are NOT the way to go!

Anyone who knows a head hunter should see this video.

Always aim for the boiler room! Much larger target, less room for mistakes!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

Personal opinions between hunters is one thing, posting that video on youtube is another. That is the kind of fuel the anti's live for. Dont wanna get into the headshot debate as weve beaten that particular dead horse many times. Just saying that distributing videos like that does not promote hunters advocacy. Sorry to jump your case as youre new, welcome to the forum.
Old 07-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with you Outdoorentertainment that head shots aren't the way to go. However, a lot of guys shoot them that way and aren't going to change their minds.

I also agree with Podunk that posting this kind of video could do more harm than good.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

That really is too bad for that deer and I feel bad for it, I hope those guys put it out of its misery.

However, who said it was a head shot, maybe the hunter's aim was so out of whack, it was a missed lung shot? Just saying.