Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Oregon opening day? or following weekend?

Old 07-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

Well around here we have jokes about the hicks from the sticks that think all the hills belong to them as well as the game in them, they run around in camo all the time when they should be wearing orange.. don't stay on the roads or go down closed roads ...can't read I guess!!! hunt/trespass on private property and say it's gotta be OK since it ain't posted
The area I hunt is 340 in central Washington state... I have never gotten a elk in the timber and never more'n 500yds from a road!!! if that far, or above 4000ft.... I don't need to swap info, as I need not go any place else... I take these expert elk hunters up and show them where I hunt and they pretty much laugh at me and say I'm wasting my time, that I need to get higher and up in the timber and way back off the roads ..... but so far I have not run out of game whether it deer or elk in my canyon I hunt!!!!! so I'll just keep on plugging along in it!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

hehehe,never herd hicks from the sticks.well sir have fun hunting for me this year,im almost healed up and gotta wait till next year.been waiting 3 years,
Old 07-17-2010, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default Well

Originally Posted by jdhogg
hehehe,never herd hicks from the sticks.well sir have fun hunting for me this year,im almost healed up and gotta wait till next year.been waiting 3 years,

I don't know yer circumstances ....but iffn ya had an extra 434.00 for an elk tag and could sit in a camp chair I might could get a elk to run by real close!!! LOL!!!!! we might have to move the chair a few times but we have been pretty lucky in our camp...course U'd have to pony up some money fer grub and stuff..but most folks haven't complained about my cookin ...or at least within earshot!!!!!LOL!!!