Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

2010 Antelope Hunt

Old 12-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Spike

Default 2010 Antelope Hunt

Which state has the highest draw sucess for Antelope tags? I am trying to plan a hunt for my dad and I next year. I don't have multiple years to apply for a tag. He is going in for a biopsy on one of his lungs tomorrow. If it turns out to be the big C I don't know if the hunt will happen or not. I'm trying to get one last hunt with my dad and this would be the easiest for him to do.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

First and most important I will say a prayer that your dad's biopsy turns out really good. You have a couple of options. In NM you can get a hunt with an outfitter that will include a permit that will allow you to buy your license over the counter, we have these. WY is the area we sell antelope hunts in (Sheridan) is 100% draw with normally plenty of left over tags available if you miss the draw for some reason. Montana is around 75% on the draw. Texas there is no draw but you do have to have a permit which again is included in an outfitter hunt. If I can help you set your hunt up let me know. You can call me toll free 1-877-647-9926 or email me at [email protected]
Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

MT and WY I think both have units that can be drawn your first year.

WY has "special" draws, which costs about double, its the same tag, just gives you better odds, may be something to consider, I drew last year, a regular antelope tag in WY, so now I have no bonus pts, this year I may put in for the special tag for a quality unit.

Put in for NM, no pref pts so everyone has the same odds, you and/or your dad might get lucky...
Old 12-02-2009, 05:08 AM
Spike

Thanks for the replys guys. It will probably be WY or MT if we can go.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-20-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check eastern MT, many more antelope than the western units.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope & pray that all tests are negative & your father is fine.

I have hunted with very good success & draw odds on my own in Wyoming & Montana.
Considering that cancer may play a role in just how many hunts you & your dad have left to share together? I would look at taking a guided hunt. I would also use SJAdventures to help you book this hunt.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rut n strut
Which state has the highest draw sucess for Antelope tags? I am trying to plan a hunt for my dad and I next year. I don't have multiple years to apply for a tag. He is going in for a biopsy on one of his lungs tomorrow. If it turns out to be the big C I don't know if the hunt will happen or not. I'm trying to get one last hunt with my dad and this would be the easiest for him to do.

Thanks for your help.

I understand your plight. My father lost his battle with the big C a year ago and our "last hunt" never happened. PM me. I have ideas that can make this easier.

Last edited by skb2706; 12-07-2009 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by skb2706
I understand your plight. My father lost his battle with the big C a year ago and our "last hunt" never happened. PM me. I have ideas that can make this easier.
I too lost my father to cancer this past summer. We also never got the last great hunt in. We kept saying "next year." My prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time! Good luck on the speedgoats (I hope to get one with a bow soon)!
Old 05-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Spike

On private property, you must ask for permission or you are trespassing. I have a friend from Kentucky who had been caught trespassing and hunting on private property. The owner of the land parked their truck behind my friends and waited until he left the woods to confront him. More or less my friend was slapped with a measly $60 trespassing fee and then the $400 for court costs. He was going to be fined for poaching, but he was able to prove that he was going after game that was in season.

Hunting permits can be obtained by most sporting goods stores, including Wal-Mart.

A good place to hunt is a place where you have permission to do so; also I would never suggest public hunting places because some people never wear their orange vests and those places are usually over crowded for my tastes. I have never had any good luck with public hunting grounds. Ask the landowner for permission and just ask where they might have seen activity. Spend a few days scouting the land for evidence of whatever it is you're wanting to hunt and see if any activity arises, then set up shop at least three hours after the game has moved out of the area to ensure you're not spotted.
__________________________________________________ ________________
Cheap SEO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.