Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

9.3x62 moose + wolf

Old 12-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats... That wolf is beautiful, and the moose will provide some fine eating this winter...

Fine looking rifle you have there...What make is it..??.. Husqvarna, perhaps..??..

I'm a great admirer of the chambering..I have one in a CZ-550...Great performer on game and it shoots like a varmit rifle ( sub MOA) with 250 Barnes TSX bullets...I get just under 2600 with 59.0 of RL-15..Seems to be THE powder for that chambering..
Old 12-09-2009, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, amazing hunt! That wolf is beautiful, not too many around in that color configuration. Great job!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

congrad for the moose ...much better eating than a bull ..best meat is on the rear and females have bigger hind quarters than the bulls ..bulls are widder in the front but meat is tough in the front quarters.

alway's nice to see a 4 legged POACHER dead ...shoot, shovel ,shut-up !!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

All moose are tender after they meet a grinder.I take the entire front and whatever isn't steak [Flintstone size BBQ variety] or chops and mix 25% pork trim to make burger.Great for lasagne , meatballs or sketti.Most of the wolves are black in the area I plugged this one according to the locals anyways?I prefer dry cows or two-three year old bulls for the table.........................Harold..........98 FN Husky mauser

Last edited by Pioneer2; 12-13-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: more