Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

OK who' s got a hunt for the summer??

Old 05-16-2003, 04:29 PM

Default OK who' s got a hunt for the summer??

OK, I will not make it through the summer with fishing only, anyone have any ideas on a hunt for the summer????
Old 05-16-2003, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: OK who' s got a hunt for the summer??

Hogs. They' re considered feral animals on public lands in many states. As such, they may be managed, if at all, very liberally. Many states allow year round hog hunting, and some even allow night hunting for them.
I' ve had some thoughts about busting a ' yote with one of those long shots from a varmit rifle. Or you could take up bowfishing.
Look might ask your local F&G dept about depredation permits, and who' s got what problem. You might luck out and find something to keep your shooing form and help somebody out at the same time.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:31 PM

There all over the place down here in Texas. You can find them cheap. I went last summer with some guys outside of Abilene and got 9 in one evening. Fed a family for a month.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:54 PM

bigbear,
Hog idea sounds intriguing don' t it -- we got the elk but they got the pigs. Would make for a pretty good length of trip for a hog -- I guess the shoe is on the other foot come summer time.

How about prairie dog hunting or marmot hunting? Guaranteed to sharpen up your aim and your form.

Otherwise, just keep getting ready.

Never Go Undergunned,
EKM
Old 05-17-2003, 10:09 AM

hey guys, all sounds good to me, like Elk said long trip for a hog, prarie dogs are getting hard here on the front range, too many tree huggers trying to save them.
Damn I hate summer
Old 05-17-2003, 10:14 AM

Man I hear that about the tree huggers, I am from the Front Range in CO also, way too close to Boulder for me. Good Coyote hunting out here in the summer, other than that you might as well go track and scout all summer. Bowfishing is a good time though too.
Old 05-17-2003, 05:11 PM

Other than hogs we also have alot of exotics here in Texas. The only problem is that they are very expensive, unless you get lucky and get alot of free ranging ones which I was lucky enough to do.
Old 05-18-2003, 01:30 AM

Iam going to do some hog hunting in florida , theres a lot of them here , good bow huntin' practice, and meat is good also.
good luck
Old 05-18-2003, 02:01 AM

I target practice at woodchucks!! Nothin like keepin that long range rifle on target all summer long... or until the grass gets to high and you can' t see them anymore! Then it takes more spotting to see there heads in the grass as they sit up to look!
Old 05-18-2003, 08:32 AM

Hog hunting in a good summer hobby, BUT South Carolina deer season starts August 15!!!

Quick Reply: OK who' s got a hunt for the summer??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.