Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Suffering from "can't quit hiking syndrome" help please

Old 02-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Suffering from "can't quit hiking syndrome" help please

I have always had an issue with hiking further than planned. I thought with age this would subside, but alas it has only gotten worse. I am always taking off on a short 10 minute hikes, and next thing I know I am several miles, a couple thousand feet, and in a different ecosystem from winceI started. I have a problem with turning around, I always want to see what is over the next ridge, or around the next bend, whether hunting, hiking, or for whatever excuse finds me in the woods. When I am on a planned hike I always have my pack and safety gear with me. I worry about getting into trouble on my accidental hikes, where I plan on only going a couple hundred yards, so I leave my gear, but then several hours later find myself still walking. Does anyone else suffer from this condition, any remedies??? Please help.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Suffering from "can't quit hiking syndrome" help please

You're just an "adventurer" haha.

Old 02-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default old

removed by RD

Last edited by Ron Duval; 01-20-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:50 PM
Spike

Being young and dumb, I know your problem I have always been a wonder er and the next mile always came quicker than I thought until I found my self a little to far from the truck with only a liter, rifle, and cloths on my back.. It was a quick cure.. for a little walk before dark, or I will go to the next ridge or next drainage.. I made it back to my truck that night shortly after bar time and still had the hour and a half drive to home.. I slept in my truck instead of driving home that night..And was glad I had made it back to my truck, for the next morning there was a foot of snow on the ground and it was still snowing..A short lesson learned that will stay with me for a long time..
Old 02-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Ahhhhhh, another ADHD sufferer. LOL