Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

Old 11-24-2008, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT QUEBEC

I hunted with Tuttulik this year, and got to go on the hunt. I have no doubt that Harry Makis, and Greg Bonecutter, the two guys who take money and run the hunt, knew that the doors would shut, perhaps they didn't know exactly when it would happen, but they knew this season would be the end. Bonecutter is from Dover TN, and had I been screwed out of my hunt he would have been the first person I would have went after. Makis would be the 2nd which would be more difficult because he's from Montral. 3rd would be the booking agent Gordy Swenson from Fergus Falls, MN. Perhaps he didn't know all the details, but he kept booking into 2009,2010 and all of those hunters lost their money.
I would also suggest boycotting Quebec. This is the 2nd time this group of inuitsdid this. The first was around 2002 when they were Nunavit Outfitters, they were allowed to bail out (screwing about 60 hunters) and regroup. Now as Tuttulik they did it again. The Government has chosen to do nothing. This is excellent caribou country with established camps. My guess is the government will allow them to start up once again. There are lots of other areas in Canada to hunt. I say give it to the provences who don't turn a blind eye.
To anyone going on any hunt, a few things I learned. 1. Always have trip insurance. 2. Never pay in advance, other than possibly a deposit that you can afford to lose. 3. As suggested only pay via credit card.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

I still fail to see what the provincial government can do or what U want them to do??? first thing the corporation will do is claim first nations status and tell the government to go pound salt!!!! I know nothing of these other people involved but if they live in the US that would be U're best bet on having legal action succeed!!! Yes I feel bad for the folks that have lost their money but theres not much that can be done about it!!! Like I say if this is a tribally owned enterprise the best thing U can do is just remember, watch them, and scream bloody murder if they try to start up again...and it sounds like they will!!!!! It's just like down here with what happens on the reservation stays on the reservation!!!! is it right????? NO !!!!! but thats the way it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

It may do nothing at all, but then again hunting is the biggest single part of tourism in Quebec. Hit 'em there, and perhaps they will pay attention.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Fork Horn

Who's going to pay attention???? the people that had this corporation and took the money and ran????? I don't think so !!!!!!