Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Pick me a bear hunting spot

Old 11-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default Pick me a bear hunting spot

Ok guys, here is a pick of the land i got to hunt, everything that aint crossed out. The yellow dot is the farm where there has been a lot of bear sightings in the past couple of months. Those hemlocks goingup the mountain to theright are in a draw. The farmer said the bears head from his fields on up the draw but he doesnt know exactly where they bed, only he watches them head that direction every day. So the question is where do you guys think it would be a good spot to set ina stand because we are not allowed to bait in PA?
Old 11-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Pick me a bear hunting spot

find a spot you can see the most area. Bear will move a lot. the more you see/ more miles you put on, the better.
-Jake
Old 11-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

If the bears are traveling threw there almost every day they most likely have a trail they are using. I would set up where I can watch the trail without being right on top of it.. Good luck at getting a bear..
Old 11-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

If the bears are traveling threw there almost every day they most likely have a trail they are using.
Phils right. One thing about a bear Is that they will leave a very noticeable trail. There padded feet will really flatten out a trail and make It easy on whats a deer or a bear trail or both. Make sure your wind Is In your favor, bear have one of the best noses around!