Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

bigggg bear

Old 10-18-2008, 03:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default bigggg bear

found this if it is true wow

Got a email from a Pro Wrestling Promotor I know in SK Ca. Check out this bear!
This is the email he sent me describing it,
Hey, Morgan.....how would you like to try a little taxidermy with this specimen??? No idea of the specs, but the pictures speak pretty clearly to the fact that this fella is B-I-G!! Shot just north of Tumbler River, British Columbia, which is in the north-east of the province. And this grizz isn't the biggest around: the Swan Hills grizzly of northern Alberta is bigger, as much as about ten feet nose to tail. Interesting note on the Swan Hills version is that they were sort of "discovered" in the late 1940's by Al Oeming, who was a pro wrestler,and Stu Hart's promotional partner in Edmonton in the late 40's and 50's, and ultimately a world-renowned zoologist. While he didn't discover them as such, he was the first to research them and isolate them as a sort of sub-species of plains grizzlies. They're found in just one small area south of Great Slave Lake in Canada's Northwest Territories and slightly into Alberta. As well, they're on the verge of extinction at this point, with I understand perhaps 70 or 80 surviving, not enough to carry on the breed successfully, as "civilization" encroaches on them unless there's some massive intervention on mining, oil exploration, etc. in their habitat.

I saw one of them up close years bck at Al's Alberta Game Farm in Edmonton, and what a sight.....one of the really big boys, up on his back legs I estimated him at 11 to 12 feet tall, from maybe 50 feet away. Pretty unreal........

Bob

[/align] __________________
Pardon my spelling, I was kicked out of the third grade because the teacher wanted me to spell mater with a T! [/align] Bandit View Public Profile Send a private message to Bandit Visit Bandit's homepage! Find More Posts by Bandit [/align] #2
[/align]
Old 10-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: bigggg bear

..wow what a bear....