Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Serious backpack elkin'

Old 09-05-2008, 09:49 PM

Default RE: Serious backpack elkin'

ORIGINAL: Rimrock

Muley, are you interested in a hunting partner? Im in the bitterroot also (hamilton) and i hunt pretty much only backcountry. Recently my hunting partners have moved to alaska and billings and otherguys i know refuse to go with me anymore cuz they dont like to hike far. I hunt alot on foot with backpack but i also have horses and a mule for packing camp or elk out if warranted.

if your interested my email is [email protected]
I'm always intrested in meeting fellow hunters, however, I really don't know you. I don't drink booze in camp, until one is down. I always help pac out game, and have never done drugs. Hunt hard, play hard. Most guys don't have the kind of time I do to hunt. If your still intrested, send me a PM, I will see if we know some of the same people.

On another note, i just purchased my GPS replacement, went nuts and dropped 600 bucks on Garmin Colorado 400t. I've been messing around with it and so far i love it! My dwight pack set up arrived tonite, and i am still awaiting the rest of my gear. I am getting jazzed up!! Bow season opens in Hours!!! No hunting this weekend for me, as i am still in the preparation stages for my back country hunt, got a Muley tag for the same area.[8D]
Old 01-28-2010, 08:25 AM
Spike

Great forum Muley! This is exactly what I want to talk about. I live just over the mountains from you and I know what kind of gear, attitude, and what kind of shape you need to be in to do these kinds of hunts. I tend to be a minimalist that enjoys luxury, if that makes any sense. I enjoy talking about gear and how I can drop a few pounds out of my pack so I can hunt harder and not sacrifice comfort.
What do you take with you on a five day hunt in the backcountry? My goal here is to compair a few things if you would like.