Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bear pics on a bear bait.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bear pics on a bear bait.

ORIGINAL: early in

Great looking bear pics Steve. Especially the last one!Those are some good size bears too.I kind of knew you had to be out setting some bear baits.Ibelieve you're in your glory now!I KNOW it's a lot of hard work to make things come together to get a good bear. Good luck,you deserve it Steve.
Thanks Jeff!! I figured I would post these pics here instead of In the Bow Hunting forum. Some of them "know it alls" In the Bow hunting forum think they know everything when It comes to this baiting stuff. Its needed where I hunt, damn near the only way possible to be successful Is to bait. Bear are nothing like deer what so ever. I forgot to PM you also Jeff. I'll get on that!
Old 08-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Keep us posted on your success...
Baiting is illegal here in MA... yet everyone complains about the evergrowing bear population. I think baiting is the key to proper management.

It is amazing how many bears are killed in MA "without baiting".

Old 08-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

Keep us posted on your success...
Baiting is illegal here in MA... yet everyone complains about the evergrowing bear population. I think baiting is the key to proper management.

It is amazing how many bears are killed in MA "without baiting".

I'll keep ya posted Western MA Hunter. I'm heading out Friday night and I won't be back for 9 days.

If we couldn't bait in Minnesota there would be bear nuisance problems everywhere. There's plenty of bear nuisance problems already. I've been bear hunting for 19 years and been around it for 30 years and If there was another way to do it I'd have done it. Its just the only way possible in northern Minnesota to get a bear unless you were hunting a cornfield or an oats field. If your hunting them corn and oats fields It has to be the right time of year as well when they start to ripen. Any other time they won't be there either. There's hardly any corn fields up there, bad soil for crops up there. Its impossible to spot and stalk a bear when you can't see 15' in front of you in the thick northern woods of Minnesota. If I was bear hunting in the mountains, bait wouldn't be a necessity. A person can't use dogs in Mn either for bear hunting. Can you guys?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:07 AM

Those are some great looking picture's, Good luck on opening day
Old 08-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bear baiting and dog hunting is illegal. Bear nuissance problems increase every year. There are +/- 125 bears killed in MA every year... The majority coming from Berkshire County (Western most county).
Lots of bears... Let's put it this way... I have seen 1 bear while deer hunting and1 while turkey hunting... baiting should be legalized.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 AM

Steve good luck this season. I just topped my baits off yesterday with crab apples and restaraunt greeselast year they went nuts for them i seensome good tracks in the mud on my second bait. My first bait looks to have a sow with cubs I'll hunt the baitson the long weekend coming up
Old 08-27-2008, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: oakcreek

Steve good luck this season. I just topped my baits off yesterday with crab apples and restaraunt greeselast year they went nuts for them i seensome good tracks in the mud on my second bait. My first bait looks to have a sow with cubs I'll hunt the baitson the long weekend coming up
Good to hear from you oakcreek!! I was thinking about you the other day on how your bear season was going. Thanks for the good luck!!
Old 08-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

We start our season next Tuesday. Good ['ol Mass won't even let us hunt labor day... you know... when everyone has the day off! Communists!

I should have a pic the next day of my bear!

Old 08-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

Schultzy- Nice looking bear,and good luck to ya and have a safe hunt. Oh and buy the way if you get a big bear send me a claw lol.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I should have a pic the next day of my bear!
That a boy!! Confidence Is a good thing!!

Schultzy- Nice looking bear,and good luck to ya and have a safe hunt. Oh and buy the way if you get a big bear send me a claw lol.
If I'm lucky enough to get a bear and I don't want the claws you can have them.

Quick Reply: Bear pics on a bear bait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.