Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

[Deleted]

Old 03-07-2003, 10:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-07-2003, 03:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good news for BC moose

I' m just curious as to why they made that decision. Do you know?
Old 03-07-2003, 03:59 PM

That' s good to see. In some spots in AK, you' re allowed ten wolves a DAY.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-11-2003, 10:37 PM
Fork Horn

Whats the season on Wolves??......fall only or all year?.here i alberta we can hunt wolves just not in the green zones!!
Old 03-12-2003, 09:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-13-2003, 12:07 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Al I don' t think you explained wolf hunting in Alberta very well.

Are you getting lots of snow up Athabasca way? We have plenty around Rocky. I wish the farmers and snow-boarders would stop their praying.

Robin.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:50 AM

.... and they just can' t wait to re-introduce wolves in the lower 48! I don' t think those boys are looking too far down the road. Maybe we can export our eco-game viewing tourists on up to BC or AK where there are apparently more than enough wolves to go around. I worry for our elk populations down here.

EKM
Old 03-13-2003, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

EKM You have every right to be concerned about wolves affecting the elk population. Here in Idaho they are not only killing elk but running them out of some of our best hunting areas. In only 4 short years you can' t believe the difference the wolves have made. We used to have awesome hunting before they were introduced, now you have to really do some scouting just to find them.

We could sure use a WOLF season. elknut1.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:55 AM

Amen elknut1.
I think when they step one foot out of the wilderness area or Yellowstone they should be fair game.
Hunters are the main reason the big game herds have increased and prospered and the hunters should have the biggest say in how they are managed not the animal rights peta liberal blankety blanks.

Every year the situation here in Idaho gets remarkably worse when you take into account the increase in wolf numbers, decrease in big game numbers and the monetary impact on the state as fewer and fewer hunters want to come to Idaho.

I see people come onto these sites and say wolves have been in Canada and Alaska forever and there seems to be no problems there. Well in those area there is a lot more open territory for the animals and the wolves are hunted so stay away from man.
Here in Idaho there is limited winter range for the herds. The wolves camp out in these winter ranges and they don' t have to worry about getting shot so they have a free pass to devastate the herds on the winter range and in the calving season.
Animal heaven must be to be a wolf in Idaho.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.