Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Spider Bull

Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM

Default Spider Bull

Check out this monster! www.mossback.com
just a few lucky hunters that have drawn for this region, are praying for a chance to stick him. What do ya think he would score?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Spider Bull

I saw spider bull and I thought that you were talking about one of our Florida Wolf spiders or maybe a banana spider. For these I prefer a cut on contact broadhead. The spiny orb weaver on the other hand has a hard shell like a crab so we use Muzzy heads.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

Good lord that is one hell of a rack!!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Typical Buck

This bull has created quite a stir around here. A lot of people think he is an escaped farm elkthat's been mixed with stag to get the head gear he's got. I've got no reason to think he's not legit......my guess is 431". Of course that's really just a shot in the dark. Biggest wild bull I've ever seen on the hoof.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

That has to be some form of animal cruelty that cant be healthy carring those tree limbs around all day.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well Utah is the place, so he's where he should be. I think he's just a monster non-typ, not sure about stag mix/escaped.

Though I know some elk farms etc...have grown some monsters, did cross my mind, but I can believe its wild.

Would be awesome if some lucky hunter takes him without any lost tines come season.....

He's gotta be close to 450+/-

Glad I have some pref.pts. for utah when I see something like that!
Old 07-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

If this bull is on public land then I truly feel sorry for him. I bet every outfitter that can is camping out on him. Hopefully there will be some missed opportunities come archery season and the bull will lose all his admirers up in the hills, then some kid shoots him
Old 07-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Typical Buck

The archery hunt on the unit he's reportedly in starts on August 16th. (Yep it's public groundbut a limited entry unit) With the attention he's getting I'll bet he hits the ground that day unless he pulls a Hudini. Even if he makes it through the archery hunt the rifle hunt starts on September 13th. He doesn't have a prayer. The mossback guys are all over him and word has spread like wildfire around here on site's like Monster Muleys and others.

There is a gentlemen from Salt Lake claiming he has been watching the bull for a few years and has a set of his sheds from last year that would score about 380". He claims they named him the "Tarzan Bull" before he was tagged with the "Spider Bull" this year.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:27 PM

dang that would be a shooter and a elk to hangon the wall
Old 08-12-2008, 04:53 PM

Well after all those tidbits now I think I know where he's at! He won't be around by the time I pick up the rifle though! This will be very interesting.

Quick Reply: Spider Bull

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.