Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Central NM Antelope? Lincoln Co.

Old 07-17-2008, 04:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Central NM Antelope? Lincoln Co.

I have a chance to hunt central NM, lincoln co, I believe almost 4,000 acres private land, not sure, but think I would possibly be the only hunter.

I know NM is the place for antelope, but what do you guys know about Lincoln co? Would everywhere hold a big antelope? or do you think there are hot/cold areas? Also is 4000 enough land? I know out west, an acre doesn't go far, I've heard of antelope ranches in the 10's of thousands.

Guy wants $1500 for the tag, it would bea DIY hunt, only a 2day season as well.

Also wouldn't want to take anything under 75" and since its NM, I'd really like something 80"+, is this possible everywhere in NM? or is it a maybe?

Old 07-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Spike

Default RE: Central NM Antelope? Lincoln Co.

I hunt elk and deer in Lincoln county, near the Mescalero Res. I've never seen an antelope in that area but the rancher I hunt with has said they are in the eastern part of the county. I've seen them myself between Roswell and the res but that's a big area. If your rancher says he has them, he might. Ask him to send some pics. It's a nice area to hunt. But you are right, 4000 acres is fairly small out there. Then again, you only need one chance ...
Good luck !