Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Snow in the Rockies!!! Finally

Old 02-25-2003, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default Snow in the Rockies!!! Finally

We have a pretty good storm here in SW Colorado. Purgatory should get about 20" tonite. I saw where Steamboat Spgs got 3' & Breckenridge got 2' last weekend. Last report I saw the snow pack was about 70% of normal. Hopefully a few more of these spring storms loaded with moisture will help !!!

How' s it up there in WY-- BeaverJack??

The elk came thru this mild winter in good shape, and with this latest storm the grasses should be greening up in a couple more weeks !!!
Old 02-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Snow in the Rockies!!! Finally

I' m with ya Bob. We have the same problem up here in MOntana. Dry as can be and going on our 5th year
Old 02-26-2003, 07:33 AM

hey bob hope it keeps snowing in dgo. i graduated in ' 79 and moved but my mom still lives there. we' re getting alot of rain here in phoenix.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:43 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-26-2003, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

No snow here at the Rockies on the U.S./Canadian border, figures, I got a ski pass and have only used it 8 times due to the lack of snow this year, but the past few days its been around -5F, coldest so far this year, its really been a very mild winter as I have my concerns about forest fires this summer due to the lack of moisture.[:@]
Old 02-26-2003, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

We' re at 60% of normal snowpack and we also got some much welcomed snow here in Utah. We are in a serious drought situation so we need it bad!! The ski resorts are hurting and a lot of resevoirs are so low that if we don' t get above average runoff this spring boats won' t be allowed on them. The only good news is that biologists are saying winter kill is going to be real low which means plenty of elk and deer for next season, that is if they don' t die of dehydration and lack of food.