Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

CO Antelope:-)

Old 05-23-2008, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default CO Antelope:-)

I cant believe it first time applying with Full Draw Outfitters for my antelope rifle hunt and I got drawn
Old 05-23-2008, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: CO Antelope:-)

do you know what the odds were? I don't think they're that tough, but awesome!

Old 05-23-2008, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

I will have to look from what the guides and outfitter said while we were there last month turkey hunting they thought it might take 3years to draw the area....Iam sure happy
Old 05-23-2008, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rifle right? Congrats, there are def nice antelope in CO. Seems to be an overlooked state, I know I'm not really looking at it....haha. I think with an outfitter you're set for CO, I think DIY CO can be tougher...compared to otherstates with better antelope on public land...though I really haven't dove into CO antelope just read up on it.

WY and MT were kinda my goto's for DIY antelope, and looking to the future with NM or AZ antelope...
Old 05-24-2008, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah its rifle, my first one so Iam happy
I was looking at WY incase I didnt draw and I think that will be my next goat hunt.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

CO has some nice antelope for sure, you may not want to goto WY after you goto CO. I think WY has more antelope/area, but if you get in with a place in CO, I don't see a real advantage of one over the other.

Have fun, they're fun to hunt, I like that they're active all day long for the most part....its not a morning/evening type deal.

Whatare you going to use?
Old 05-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

browing A-bolt in 243wssm and a leuopold scope 2-9X40 Winchester BST 95Gr
Old 05-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

They're hard to judge.....I'd try to read up on how to judge them etc....

Also windrift....shooting may be something to into consideration, least in WY it seems its always blowing, and blowing hard....

Old 05-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Typical Buck

You should have a good hunt with Full Draw. Fred Eichler runs a good operation and has alot of antelope to look at. I used to book hunts for them a few years ago when the late Rob Pedretti use to work and guide for him. They took very good care of my clients back then, and I am sure they haven't changed. Good luck and post them photos when you are successful. Good hunting.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the draw. I didnt draw this yr so will try to get a leftover tag. I drew a RFW tag a few yrs ago and with help from my spotter (from here)I got lots of shooting. My rifle wasnt up to the task as the scope was off a foot or more so I wasnt successful. But it's great fun. Down near Walsenburg a few yrs ago I seen the largest antelope buckI EVER seen, and I live where I can see lopesev day so I am used to seeing large and mediocre bucks. This big guy was 20" for sure. Anyway good luck on your hunt.

Quick Reply: CO Antelope:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.