Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Montana Wilderness Elk Hunting

Old 04-19-2008, 07:35 PM
BKC

Default RE: Montana Wilderness Elk Hunting

If you look up orange clothes in cabela's they have the square inch's in the description of the garment Ithink that was cool no tickets if you buy from them.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

BKC,

The confusion with the special permits came about because you originally said that you were hunting in northeast Montana. That's all special permit areas that you'd have to apply for to hunt elk. Unit 104 is in northwest Montana, south of Libby. There's no special permit required and brow-tined bulls are legal (based on the '07 regs).

Old 04-20-2008, 12:32 PM
BKC

Thank You Jeff
I read the 2008 reg last night and could not find why I needed a spec permit I did read brow tine 4 inch's on a bull Elkand a spike onbuck I thought that was strange even in Calif its fork or better some 3 point or better I hunt 10k acres on the border of Oregon and Calif and its fork or better I wont harvest a fork unless its a huge mule deer up there we have black tail a mule and a mule&black mix they say I think its just a black tail. But Calif have no idea about deer management(my opinion) I want to thank Jeff and torqued and Beech for all your help so far I'm sure I will have more questions before Nov 10th I think we will be going the11thto the 23rd 2 days driving and then ten days hunting.....But any more tips you might want to throw my way please feel free.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: AK Jeff

BKC,

The confusion with the special permits came about because you originally said that you were hunting in northeast Montana. That's all special permit areas that you'd have to apply for to hunt elk. Unit 104 is in northwest Montana, south of Libby. There's no special permit required and brow-tined bulls are legal (based on the '07 regs).

and 104 is VERY brushy country...and VERY steep terrain...hopefully you can get some topos of the area, and study it first...your jeep )as AK has said) will be of very limited use...

Old 04-20-2008, 08:50 PM

Hi,

Any gay big game hunters looking for an asian boyfriend/LTR? Please email me at [email protected] if interested.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:00 PM

Hi,

Any gay big game hunters looking for an asian boyfriend/LTR? Please email me at [email protected] if interested.