Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

CO Muley points

Old 03-23-2008, 05:10 PM

Default CO Muley points

Last year was my 1st point puchased with a money orderby mail.I sent in $309(i think?) and got my refund in June. This year, on line, they're only charging me a total of $79. . . . can anyone explain that to me?
Old 03-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: CO Muley points

I had the same thing happen and they are charging the amount for a doe license I think. I did mine on line and questioned it but that is what the computer charged and I did it the same as the previous 2 years. $79 is better than $300 to tie up until June. last year in addition I put in for an either sex elk tag and didn't get picked. They were into me for over $800 until the refunds came in June. I did an OTC bull tag and hunted 2nd season and that is the way to go IMO.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:23 PM

I hear you. I bought an elk point along with my muley point. I'd like to have a crack at a nice bullin a trophy unit someday before my Dad gets too old to climb those mountains. But I will be going OTC for bulls in the mean time. I have a cousin in Montrose who suggested unit 53, just outside of Paonia. Any suggestions for OTC bullswould beGREATLY appriciated. . . btw, called CO DOW yesterday, andyou were right, the 76 (+$3 processing fee) is the new price for a reduced doe tag. Works for me
Old 03-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good to hear! I wish all states would only charge an applicaton fee, and wait to bill your card upon drawing. I'd like to apply for some sheep/goat hunts, and moose, all 3 are like 1800 bucks in CO, thats just way too much to have tied up, and even if your applying for points only I think its that much, we'll just have to figure it out.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

I am doing a colorado Mule deer Hunt this year , I have a Land Owner tag but put in for another tag to better the Odds on where to hunt.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Dominant Buck

As of right now I will be hunting the Eastern Rim in unit 82. Checked it out last year and it looked pretty good.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: joshw020

I hear you. I bought an elk point along with my muley point. I'd like to have a crack at a nice bullin a trophy unit someday before my Dad gets too old to climb those mountains. But I will be going OTC for bulls in the mean time. I have a cousin in Montrose who suggested unit 53, just outside of Paonia. Any suggestions for OTC bullswould beGREATLY appriciated. . . btw, called CO DOW yesterday, andyou were right, the 76 (+$3 processing fee) is the new price for a reduced doe tag. Works for me
my grandmother lives in Paonia. Around late winter early spring the elk come down and hit an orchard that is right below her house, and you wouldnt believe how many huge elk flow down through there, its amazing. My father has video of us as kids 20 years ago watching a herd of prolly 200 elk grazing in the field and orchard. THe land owner was chasing after them on a snow mobile trying to get them out of his field.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Anyone know if they are doing the same for antelope?
Old 03-27-2008, 07:38 PM

Zim, just give 'em a call. They're a friendly bunch 1-800-244-5613. I'm doing my antelope huntin' in WY or MT
Old 03-27-2008, 07:45 PM

Gangly, tell that guy I'm more than willing to help him out with his elk "problem" . . .ya, my cuz in Montrose said that 6 of his buddies took 6 bulls ofa mountain side right near there on opening day of archery, in an OTCunit. Not sure they were trophies, but when you're from Ohio, every elk is a trophy!!

Quick Reply: CO Muley points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.