Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Sportsman's Travel Insurance

Old 03-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Spike

Default Sportsman's Travel Insurance

Anyone ever get travel insurance for their hunt? If so who did you use and is it worth it. I'm more worried about weather shutting my trip down then anything else. I have to research it some more but I think the insurance would help in this area. Thanks for the info.

Buzz
Old 12-22-2008, 11:19 PM

Default RE: Sportsman's Travel Insurance

On one of our infamous excursions, I came across Caribou. Now, I have never seen a caribou, but this time I have tasted one before when Dalton bagged one in Canada on a previous hunting adventure before I knew him.
--------------
Gillberk

Old 12-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buzz4me2

Anyone ever get travel insurance for their hunt? If so who did you use and is it worth it. I'm more worried about weather shutting my trip down then anything else. I have to research it some more but I think the insurance would help in this area. Thanks for the info.

Buzz
can you be more specific in what you are trying to cover in this insurance policy you are wanting to buy (insure the hunt itself, the meat, your camo/guns while hunting)? Also, what state are you in?
Old 12-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Fork Horn

www.insuremytrip.com

I bought insurance for an elk hunt 2 years ago. Fortunately I didn't need it, but it's peace of mind!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Spike

I'll be heading to Newfoundland to hunt and am worried about my rifle and weather. So insurance for the rifle I will be bringing along and if a hurricane or other related weather storm that may cut my trip short or cancel it all together. Thanks
Old 12-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Spike

if the rifle is over 1,500.00 i would have it listed on a floater on your homeowners insurance. regular HO3 policy, in the event of a loss, the most it will respond to damaged or lost firearms is 1,500.00. If you have it listed, you will pay a small premium but the ins cowill pay the listed price. Piece of mind for the actual trip in its self, depending on the price of the policy, i would def look into it if i were having to travel any sort of distance for the hunt. I am almost positivie there will be exclusions out the arse on the policy, but should respond as long as the reason the hunt was cancelled falls into the insurable agreement.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Banned

Hunting Trip Cancellation Insurance is a great way to save your trip if something happens before you go or while you are on your hunt. The insurance used tojust cover cancellation for medical reasons. Now you can cancel your trip for;

a) Business Reasons
b) For no reason at all

The premiums are a little higher for “a & b” but it can really be worth it, especially when you are traveling by air to hunt with an outfitter.

Here are the Top 10 Reasons to buy Hunting Trip Cancellation Insurance

1. You could lose money you’ve invested for your trip, such as nonrefundable deposits, if bad weather conditions cause delay or cancellation of your trip.

2. You may have to cut your trip short and return home for an emergency such as an unexpected illness or death in the family forcing you to lose the remaining pre-paid portion of your trip and pay a ticket change fee for your return travel arrangements.

3. Your Sportsman’s Equipment could be lost, damaged, or stolen, forcing you to purchase additional equipment or any other essentials needed.

4. The Outfitter or Operator with which you’re scheduled to travel suddenly ceases operation or goes on strike leaving you with no option but to cancel your trip. . . with no recourse for reimbursement.

5. Many health plans in the U.S., Medicare, and Medicare supplements may offer little or no medical expense coverage outside the U.S. should you require emergency medical treatment while on your trip.
6. Due to an accident or a sudden illness, you or a family member may require emergency medical evacuation while traveling. Many U.S. health plans, including HMOs and PPOs will not cover emergency medical evacuations.

7. You could run into major travel delays forcing you to miss a portion of your trip and be forced to pay additional lodging expenses while you wait.

8. You cancel your trip for a covered reason, after paying your travel arranger for the cost of your hunting or fishing license.

9. If you have a medical emergency that requires medical transportation, we cover evacuation as directed by a physician to the nearest adequate medical facility.

10. Hunter's Hotline – 24-hour hotline that provides services that include weather reports, roadside assistance, hunting regulations, up-to-the minute fishing and hunting reports, information on vaccine and passport requirements and travel advisories.

For more information our Sportsman’s Trip Cancellation insurance[/b], click here