Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Muzzle Brakes

Old 02-18-2003, 08:27 AM

Default RE: Muzzle Brakes

i guess you have to talk this way due to not being able to do otherwise. lets not start resorting to threats.you have confused me with someone who will put up with your internet bs.knowone can understand half the bs you spout out. i have also noticed in other forums people feel the same way about you. never the less i will never stoop to your level. for your info i wear a size 11 eee.act your age,if possible and stick to the forum subjects.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:00 AM

I was doing some research and am considering putting a silencer on my rifle (one in mind is the reflex suppressor). They cut recoil, and reduce noise, instead of make it louder. Since they are legal in my state, that might be the best option.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:03 AM

I' m game to " play along" a bit as folks plan their futures and work through and fine tune their plans and their dreams, but its getting a little bit too deep......

Lets see here....

First its a " fast 30" then it' s a " 416 RemMag" but gee I can' t find anyone who manufactures those anymore (like Remington? or like Winchester?) and then its back to a " fast 30" . [Gun Forum: 416 Remington?]

First its a muzzlebrake, then its a silencer, then its a suppressor....

Tell you what, WHEN you' ve bought your " whatever caliber its going to be" rifle manufactured by whatever company its going to be, and WHEN you' ve put your muzzlebrake or silencer or suppressor or whatever its going to be on it, THEN take a picture of it (put a little card in the picture that says, " EKM is a #@$&!" ) and then post it for all of us to see -- THEN lets talk about it some more.

EKM
Old 02-19-2003, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

Tussey
where did you find info on reflex surpressors?
Old 02-20-2003, 08:48 AM

ELKampMaster,

You do have a point. It is hard to make up my mind. There seems to be advantages to all the options, thats why I' m deliberating carefully so I don' t make a purchase I regret.

losthwy,

Here is their site url: http://reflexsuppressors.com
Old 02-20-2003, 08:49 AM

By the way, EKM
A silencer and a suppressor are the same thing
Old 02-20-2003, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Muzzle brakes are a waste of time in a hunting situation anyway kick up dirt dust and increase decibel levels for no good reason...most of the time you have on thick hunting clothes anyway....at the range thugh in warm weather it will allow you to wear a T shirt and do a lot of shooting not just 3 rounds and that' s good enough. EKM if someone had been behind me and lit off one I believe I would have been hurting that individual real bad.[:@]
Old 02-20-2003, 01:12 PM

if anyone shot any high powered rifle from behind me i would be upset. has nothing to do withna muzzle break.in the field it allows you to hold the gun with more confidence in a crucial shot.sometimes one shot is not enough and i would welcome the muzzle break if i had to fire 2 or 3 shots at something.it also helps you pick up the target on the next shots quicker.
Old 02-20-2003, 02:49 PM

Best comment I' ve ever heard about them was they make great defoliants before leaf drop in the fall and dandy little dust geysers when shot from the prone position.I have nothing against MB' s as long as you don' t hunt near me.Lucky I' ve got my own range to shoot at, so I don' t have to have one shooting next to me.Hearing loss is far worse and lasts a lot longer than a sore shoulder in my book.

woods
Old 02-22-2003, 09:30 AM
Typical Buck

Statin' facts an' threats is two differnt things. If I wanna talk like moses on Mt. Sinai, ain' t nobody' s business, an' likely not an' issue ' cept here on this idjit tube.

Quick Reply: Muzzle Brakes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.