Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Online License Applications

Old 02-28-2008, 10:33 PM

Default Wyoming Online License Applications

Has anyone else used the new online application system yet? I just submitted my moose, sheep, and goat applications, and I couldn't believe how easy it was. They already had all of my information on file, so I didn't have to enter anything but my sportsman's ID number, my birth date, and my credit card info. There have been instances in the past where I forgot to apply for tags until it was almost too late, so I ended up driving an hour to Cheyenne or shipping my applications overnight. That's no longer an issue. Plus, I can use my credit card instead of writing checks now.

I recommend the service for anyone who is applying for WY tags this year. It works great.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wyoming Online License Applications

Used it last year? Worked fine. I wish state to state was the same. Also wish they would only charge a license fee and application fee, not full up front, oh well.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, the Wyoming site is really nice and they don't charge a big handling fee either like some of the states do.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Typical Buck

I used it last year for my WY moose. Used NM's this year for sheep & elk. Plan on using Colorado's for everything, also. Definitely online is the way to go. No chance of making an error, no stamps, no lost mail. Much better & easier.

npaden--?? Not sure what you mean. WY charges $75 for a moose point, $100 for sheep, elk--I think is $50 for a point. Pretty steep IMO.

NM is the cheapest I think---$8 to apply---if you draw, you draw----no preference points on anything. Completely random every year.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wyoming does charge some pretty hefty preference points but you have to pay those whether you use the online system or mail your application in. If you use the online system the license costs the same as if you mailed it in.

On Montana's system they charge a 3% convience fee onto of all the other fees if you use the online system but they don't charge that if you get a money order and mail the application in. I save the $20 or so and mail my application in for Montana.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Typical Buck

I understand now. Never applied in MT. I didn't know about the extra fee. CB
Old 03-01-2008, 12:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

I spend the money, I like to know when I submit it online that its 100% correct, online applications should be free, paper should cost money! Think about it, online systems etc.....is all automated, yet they charge almost $20 to do it? This is completely idiotic/reversed to logic. Why pay some guy to process paper applications when they're free and charge people to use a computer program that streamlines the entire process?

Old 03-02-2008, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

I'm guessing that the online convenience fee of 3% is what Visa or MC is charging Montana as a vendor for the "convenience" of using their credit card. I could be wrong though. Does anybody in montana have an answer to that?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

I was going to ask Wyotimberghost if you'd recommend any general public area for antelope hunting for a non-resident DIY hunt. Something with a decent chance of drawing, lots of public land and decent antelope #'s on it (not your honey-holes). I've noticed several members have been talking about this and am also considering it myself. Thanks in advance.