Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Dys goat hunt

Old 02-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dys goat hunt

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

I think I'll send my money to montana where I know best. Then look to one other . Add a n.r. tag for illinios and the deer and elk tag for montana and I'll be busted .Did I mention mydaughter is getting married this june . double ouch! It dosn't look like there is a goat tag in the lower 48 that has better then 1 in 100 odds or drawing.

[/align]
actually idaho has a lot better drawing odds than 1 in 100. sure there are some of the more desired hunts that are hard to come by. some units only have 1 tag available but some have up to 4i dont know about all the units but the few i do i would have better odds than the deer hunt i drew on last year. the only reason i havent is the cost of the tag and if you put in on a trophy animal (moose, goat or sheep) you cant put in on draw hunts for elk or deer or anything else. but for someone looking to hunt goats and is a non-resident or only wants to focus on the one animal then idaho wouldnt be a bad choice.