Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Is hunting your vacation?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is hunting your vacation?

My vacation, but not the family's vacation. The best possible sort of vacation for me. Hard work, probably. Sweaty, probably. But the best possible sort of rejuvenation, refreshment, renewal, motivation for me.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I go on two vacations a year, both to the mountains. One in the summer with the family and the other in the fall to hunt. I tell people that my hunting vacation beats up my body and rests my mind! You better believe it is a vacation!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:18 PM

Yes, it's a vacation that I take about every weekend during the fall. The work aspect of hunting is fun to me. All of my "normal" vacations usually involve strenuous activity too.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:27 PM

My first post.
Yes, hunting is my vacation.....but it's no vacation!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:43 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

Yeah,multi-day remote hunting trips are a vacation of sorts.... a working vacation.... very memorable though.

I sure enjoy the other stuff though too, things the Colorado high country can't provide: scuba diving a brilliant coral reef, sailing from island to island,visiting different cultures, etc, etc, etc.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:07 AM

Vacation: (noun) "a period of suspension of work, study, or other activity, usually used for rest, recreation, or travel; recess or holiday"
For me, that's a tuffy. You see, I live 1 1/2 hours (or less) from elk, deer, moose, lopes, bear, stream, river, lake fishing and hunting. So I can't call it a vacation by definition . . .
Just another weekend in the woods!
Old 02-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, Hunting is a working vacation for me. The only hunting time I value, is time I spend hunting by myself. I take other people huntingalso, but I dread taking them along. I only take them because, I have to take them.[]
Old 02-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep one week of vacation time specifically for the PA rifle season, that is unless I have two weeks to use.
Old 02-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any extended period of time away from work is a vacation for me...
Old 02-17-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I havent had a vacation in 9 years,but this FallI am heading to the Badlands for 8 days....Finally...But then I still have to vacation with the wife and children maybe,will see...
When ya live on a lake and Hunt across the road Vacations are not that high of a priority....

Quick Reply: Is hunting your vacation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.