Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Is hunting your vacation?

Old 02-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is hunting your vacation?

Hunting is my escape in life....When I'm in the stand I'm in another place...in a zone only you guys and girls understand...a zone only a true hunter understands and feels....
Old 02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

to tell ya the truth i cant think of a better vacation. up in the mountains miles from everyone else, no phone calls, no bills, no cars, no annoying neighbors, no job, no clock. clean air, only animals and the campfire to keep you company. only the basics matter and nothing else....i cant think of anything better.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Fork Horn

Amen, call it what you want. vacation is fine with me. I worked 11 13hr days overtime in 3
weeks to save up for last years colorado elk hunt. It was worth every minute. I was gone
for 9 days but it flew by to fast.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:17 AM

I consider it my vacation and always have. When i was in school, it was mine and dad's time to get away from the house and farm. Now that im on my own and only see my dad once a month or less, i still consider deer camp to be my vacation.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:45 AM

Yes;- we hunt as much as we can, taking the kids...but the 2 weeks during sheep season is like a yearly honeymoon for us.The babysitter bill exceeds every other cost, though!!
The nice thing, is that we take the 2 weeks off for sheep opener(Aug):- and then still hunt moose / bear hunt through late Aug/September, as our work schedules allow.We started homeschooling, primarily to accomadate/incorporatethe hunting/fishing ed. and lifestyle in our family..-Andgoat reg. starts Nov 5th.(& closes quickly due to quota...at least in our GMU).
Old 02-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

I would consider ita vacation.. But I can't seem to convice the wife..
Old 02-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Dominant Buck

My life is one big vacation so a hunt is vacation. OBTW the Rockys are way better than the beach.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Our deer hunting trip is our vacation. The wife has two weeks plus vacation so we usually take a week to fish as well.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's just my time to hunt. Vacation......not sure I'd call it that. I still like going on a traditional style vacation as well, but thats planned AFTER any hunting trips.
Old 02-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry but hanging treestands, scouting, clearing out areas for foods plots and glassing fields every chance I can is not work. Thats what I love and enjoy. Plus just getting to spend time in this beautiful world god made us and just watching all the critters is AWESOME.

Quick Reply: Is hunting your vacation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.