Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

wanted mule deer hunt

Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Fork Horn

Default wanted mule deer hunt

My old man and myself are looking for a mule deer hunt on private land. We want a D.I.Y. hunt. Preferrable a trespass. Something that won't brake the bank. Thanks for your help!
Old 01-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wanted mule deer hunt

Check out South Dakota. The state leases a lot of private land for public hunting. I forget what they call it.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:24 AM

If your interested in Colorado, take a look at Rocky Mountain Ranches
http://www.RockyMountainHunting.com
Old 01-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out Montana or Wyoming. Both have plenty of public land, for a D.I.Y. mule deer hunt.

Good Luck
Old 01-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the help guys.I have never looked into Montana for public ground can it be found on there website? Whats the best area?
Old 01-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Montana does have a lot of public lands but also has alot ofranches sign up intothe block management program which opens up alot of private lands to hunt also.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

But also look at Montana's non res tag price $$$$$$$$$.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

Which state would you recommend if your not willing to pay Montana's prices?Its not cheap,but what state does offer a cheap out of state lic for a good mule deer hunt??
Old 01-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: beech18

Which state would you recommend if your not willing to pay Montana's prices?Its not cheap,but what state does offer a cheap out of state lic for a good mule deer hunt??
Wyoming is about $272. non res. I think. We try to go out there every other year. The southern part of the State is where we go. Medicine BowNational Forest area. We do the whole trip for a week for around $600. each. Gas is the most of thecost.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

WY does have alot of good hunting. There are many ways to go into the draw, depending on the unit or regionto draw have to decide on a higher price tag (special tag)which usually has better odds than the regular tag licin thedrawing but not in all cases. Some areas of the statehave tons of public lands and some has lots of private. Wy does have a bonus point system to buy into at an extra cost. Ive too hunted the Southern Wy around the Medicine Bow area public lands. Good area not bad odds to draw, certain areas can be a circus with all the pressure but also canmake it good once you find area where other people aint hunting hard if you have some time to look around and find those little hot spots for the big boys.

Quick Reply: wanted mule deer hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.