Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Stolen Elk

Old 10-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stolen Elk

Posting for a friend of mine. He shot a Bull Elk on Friday the 26th of October in North Central Colorado. They skinned and hung it at there camp. They went back out to see if they could get his buddy an elk and when they came back the Elk had been stolen. Whomever took it left the guys permit on the ground. If anyone has any info or has seen someone whith a 6x6 with a broken main beam tip let me know. Thanks for looking, can you believe someone would do this. It was his best Bull yet!!
Old 10-31-2007, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Stolen Elk

Notify fish and game, get the phone # for every butcher and taxidermist within 100 miles and start making calls. Did you take pictures?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Bad deal all around. It makes me furious that some low life would stoop so low as to steal another man's game. Hell they hang horse thieves in the west. Slow torture should be in order for a wild game thief.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Tom_L

Notify fish and game, get the phone # for every butcher and taxidermist within 100 miles and start making calls. Did you take pictures?
Did all that. He is taking pictures around to taxidermists and talking with the butchers around the area. It was pretty easy for whomever did it, they just backed there truck up to the tree it was hanging in and cut the rope.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Typical Buck

How low can a person go? I wouldn't call them hunters as they don't deserve that distinction. Hope they catch them but odds are they won't take it to a taxidermist. Maybe your friend will be blessed with a bigger one next time around.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you post the pics?

If dealing with poachers is not bad enough we honest hunters have to deal with stuff like this too!!!!
Old 10-31-2007, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

I will try to post the pic but I think it might be too big of a file. Will give it a try. I tried and it said file is too big. Will try to resize and post.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:40 AM

I'd say that your friend is $ out of luck! I feel for him, but I doubt that his bull will be found.

I hate thieves! We should string themup and give em a good bull whippin'. I bet they'd thinktwice before stealling if they knew that they would get 50 lashesfrom a bull whip.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:34 PM

Wow, unnreal. Sorry man. Hope you catch the person(s).
Old 11-01-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would whoop their A** for you if I could. What a discrace to society!

Quick Reply: Stolen Elk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.