Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

looking for a montana drop camp

Old 10-17-2007, 03:38 PM

Default looking for a montana drop camp

Does anybody have any experiance with a goodoutfitter in Montanafor a drop camp? I am looking to hunt in 08 or 09 any ideas???....Thanks
Old 10-17-2007, 06:19 PM

Default RE: looking for a montana drop camp

Hey I was looking for a drop camp too but due to the draw in montana I decided on a semi guided hunt down by Philipsburg.. it's like 1500 dollars plus 1100 for a deer tag and elk tag. They pack you in and feed you, you do all the hunting by yourself and they will help get the elk out. Since it's "semi" guided they are able to issue an outfitters tag which is guaranteed I can't remember the name of the outfitter but if you type in montana elk drop camp you'll probably find it.. It might have been royal tine or something like that. I work with a guy that hunts the area and says there are some BIG elk there so I'm hoping I can convince myself to save up and not buy a new dodge diesle haha.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:16 PM

Thanks for the input. I went to there web site and it looks like a pretty good deal... Have you contacted them about success rates or gotten any info out of em?
Old 10-18-2007, 11:22 AM

I sent them an email but haven't heard anything back.. I would imagine they are in the woods at the moment so not to worried about the computer. I know there are a TON of elk in that area. The guy I work with got one every year he hunted. I want to go and get a 330+ bull so as soon as I hear back from them I will let you know and ask about the success rate and quality. I can imagine it will just depend on the hunter and how good they are. Hopefully it works out so I can get a big elk in washington and a big elk in montana.. Couple of wall hangers would be nice