Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Any Interest?

Old 08-31-2007, 12:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default Any Interest?

I am thinking about buying a piece of land in Colorado. It already has a cabin that sleeps 10. Right now water is by storage tanks but has a bathroom with shower. It also has a horse corral with storage area. It backs up to several thousand acs. of BLM and is 2.5 miles from Nat. Forrest. I would like to rent out the place for 3 of the 4 seasons. I thought about asking$500a week per person. What do you all think. The unit is OTC for elk and lots of big deer in the area! I checked on the success rates andnear top in the state.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any Interest?

NOT A BAD IDEA. I THINK $500 PER WEEK PER PERSON IS A LITTLE STEEP.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:04 AM

Maybe $500 a week for one person and $100 for each additional person.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:13 AM

500 lil much
Old 08-31-2007, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you would be better off just coming up with a price for the week for the cabin. For example, $1000-1200/wk and you set the limit of people using it. That way, if 4 guys want to split it or 10 guys, you still get the same.

In the first scenerio, I would say that the $500 covers the first 2 people (not many people are going to rent a cabin just for just themselves), then $100 per person thereafter. However, if it is really in a good area, I don't think you would have trouble renting it at the above set price, and you might make more money that way.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lic in Colorado for elk are over OTC in unlimited units only for the 2nd and 3rd rifle season. All deer license are by draw.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

/\/\/\ That is true. I did not say deer was OTC and out of staters usually do not have a problem drawing for 1st and 4th seasons. The fact that it is in a OTC unit makes it a bit easier. Thanks for all of your thoughts guys, I will defenitly keepthem mind.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Typical Buck

Details please...
Old 09-04-2007, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

The Cabin is in a good area. In fact my friends and I saw a good 150 class buck about a month a ago. The cabin sleeps 10 with a very larg table for meals. There is a T.V., frig, stove, oven and pluming. It has one full bath with tube and shower. It sits on 40 plus acres that back to BLM. The National Forrest is 2.5 mile down the same dirt road and there are no other structures in the valley. In fact, no more building permits will be built per the county clerk. The corral is no great but will hold our horses and tack. Most places in Colorado ask a minium of $1000 per week. There is not much lodging in the area. I only saw one motel. You should be able to shoot deer off the porch!

Quick Reply: Any Interest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.