Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

horse info

Old 07-28-2007, 07:41 AM

Default horse info

I am looking for advice/info on renting horses to pack 4 guys into the Weminuche Wilderness, Co. The area i'm looking at is in unit 751. We are farm boys, but not really the horse riding type. We have a couple of panyards but thats about it for equipment. I would also consider hiring someone to just pack us in. This would be for archery, 2nd season- 2008. Do you guys know anyone that would pack us in? Horse rental facilities in that area? Thanks for any info. Also, do any of you have info on the best place to park vehicles and access the Weminuche northwest of the Williams Creek Resevoir?
Old 07-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: horse info

I'm not sure about the Williams Creek Reservoir access area, never been there, but I have been to the Vallecito Reservoir and you can gain access to the Weimunuche from there. There is a hunting guide located there that may or may not rent horses. If you're not well versed in "horse" you may want to leave them to the experts. They can ruin a hunt real quick if you don't know what your doing. This is a great area to hunt, your going about it the right way in starting your planning early! Good luck!
One other thing, I'm assuming you're talking about elk hunting, GMU 751 is an unlimited archery unit, so you do not need to enter in the draw, just buy the tag at Walmart. 2007 season is from Aug. 25-Sept. 23. You do need to enter the draw for deer.