Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! IDAHO WOLF HUNTING IDEA!

Old 06-24-2007, 05:18 PM

Default RE: I think I have a great idea about Idaho..... EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!

hearts in the right place, but your brain certainly isnt in this case. Not claiming to know much at all about the wolf situation, but who would honestly rather donate money to some guy in idaho for him to hunt wolves, than go hunt wolves in idaho. When someone is planning a trip to idaho to go wolf hunting, it is because they want to go wolf hunting in idaho, i doubt verymany people if any are planning this trip with the sole purpose of "doing a service to hunting".

another tip, the guys who are going to recieve the tags, are more than likely going to buy a couple tags anyway, all we would be accomplishing is saving this person the price of the tag. Sooo, while the wolf problem may be outta hand, this is not a smart way to keep the wolves in check.

Ill have to agree with Swamp collie, not that i or he is tearing you down, but stick with local projects that you can accomplish. If you really care about making it in field and stream so badly, try a project like this locally, buying tags for needy children who want to, but cant go hunting legally.

A tennessee teenager who likely has never been to idaho, isnt going to get much support for this program, but best of luck and i hope you prove me wrong, if the wolves are a serious threat. my personal feelings after the little research i have done is that wolves used to be there with elk, so if we give it time, the numbers will balance back out. i do believe the wolves should be hunted though.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I think I have a great idea about Idaho..... EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!

well like i said im not expecting money, want money, or need the money. besides the wolf tags are still a long time for being up for sale and there probably wont be that many anyway. but im pretty sure if you did get one that would be it. nobody can buy a bunch of tags of anything here unless you draw an extra tagor but a leftover for the non resident price.

and i think your right, younggun isnt going to get a lot of support for this anyway. the tags will probably be limited to residents so i dont think we will get any out of staters anyway. but either way, most of the people around here are tired of the wolf problem and if they are going to shoot a wolf they wont be waiting for a tag, so really this talk of sending somebody money to buy a tag is a waste of time because tag or not wolves are and will continue being shot.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! IDAHO WOLF HUNTING IDEA!

ORIGINAL: younggun308

If the bill to make wolves in Idaho huntable passes in January 2008, that means that residents of Idaho could hunt wolves for as little as $20.00 per wolf. However, the non-resident is much more expensive, and it takes plenty of money to go to Idaho.

What I was thinking of, was that, we could donate money to forummembers in Idaho, so that they can buy tags, and hunta bunch ofwolves, legally. So that way, we would be providing for their liscences!So we non-residents, wouldn't have to payover $100.00a tag, plus driving all the way up there tolower the wolfpopulation and do a service to hunting, instead,we can have a minimum donation of whatever the tag costs, which is under $30, and that way the money would go a longer way, and they couldkill wolves,this way it's more efficient, instead of paying over $100.00 to killone wolf, $100.00 would kill4 wolves.
And if we want to make sure they didn't just take our money and spend it on anything else,we could have them have to post pics of the tagson a thread, and we could make a way to keep up with thedonations, like a thread up on the top, where we keep "records"of what's going on, how many wolves killed, how muchmoneyetc.

We could call it "Operation White Fang" or something else corny, and we could make it in the Field & Stream "Heroes of Conservation" section.

Do you think this is a good idea?If we decide todo it, we need a member tolead the operation or something, to figure something out.

I kinda' got excited thinking about it.
OK you can send me money. I'll be doing it for free though.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:56 AM

Default RE: EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! IDAHO WOLF HUNTING IDEA!

The Tags will be 9.50 for residents and not so bad for non-resident. Of course there all over the counter.
Brett
Old 07-03-2007, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TEmbry15

hearts in the right place, but your brain certainly isnt in this case. Not claiming to know much at all about the wolf situation, but who would honestly rather donate money to some guy in idaho for him to hunt wolves, than go hunt wolves in idaho.

This thread is presenting an idea to those who do care and would do somethingfor the future of hunting if they could, and if you're not that kind of person, that's fine.

The reason I said for non-residents to send money to Idaho residents is because the Idaho resident tag is much cheaper, whereas the non-resident tag is much more expensive, and plus there's travel and equipment costs to consider.
And as stated above, this is about doing a service to the future of hunting, and if thenon-resident wants to have the resident that shot the wolf send the hide to him, then that's fine, it can be viewed as a business transaction, yet still do a service to hunting.

I don't mean that if someone here doesn't give money to Idaho residents, that they're traitors, or "unpatriotic" hunters, I justmean that the whole intention of this thing is to do a service to the future of hunting.

I wonder if wolf pelts do actually sell for good prices, I heard that during the Cold War, when National Guard troops were in Alaska, the winter uniforms insulation had coyote fur in it, so the demand and price of coyote pelts went up, and people in the West were shooting alot of coyotes to make money.

I personally don't see anything stupid about this, or"having a brain in the wrong place" about this,but if anyone wants to break the law consistently and risk getting several months of their life wasted in prison, that's up to them, I'm just offering a legal solution.

So it turns out, as bsurplus2003 said, that the wolf tag is half the estimation I came up with, so with 10 dollars, it equals one wolf, that's pretty effective, I don't see why we must break the law when we can legally kill the wolves for a measly $10.
Just $10, think of it as "insurance", to keep fellow hunters out of jail, they'll probably go out and kill wolves without tags anyway, but we'll give them the $10 to spend on atag, so when they kill the wolf, the only difference is that it'll be legal.
You don't have to donate or anything, but don't criticize it, because those who do really don't have an argument from an ethical or legal standpoint.

And if anyone here from Idahois Christian, as many members of this site are, they 'ought to follow the law, that is what Paul said, and in this case, following the law isn't too hard.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:53 PM

Your missing the point buddy, its like saying ok Im from Idaho, so would I pay a resident from alaska for a brown bear pelt? You cant go hired gun after wolves there's laws and theres gonna be more laws when they open it. I like the concept of shoot,shovel, and shut up!
Brett
Old 07-04-2007, 01:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

So, sending money to Idaho residents to buy tags is illegal?

It took 4 pages pf this threadbefore I could find that out?

Not allowing people to use someone else's money to buy wolf tags is like not allowing a 4-year old to use $5.00 her grandma gave her to go to the candy store!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:33 AM

These are controlled animals. You have to remember the tree huggers, harvesting wolves will be very controlled.
Brett
Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

even if they do open wolves up there wont be many tags and if you are lucky enough to get one thats all you will get. you can pay for it however you want but if most people are willing to kill a wolf they will do it for themselves. getting money from somebody else is probably not going to be a big push to get them going especially if the tag is on $10. but i heard once the tags were gonna be more like $24.50
Old 07-04-2007, 09:26 PM

nope 9.50 and you have to have a fur bearers permit, according to fish and game.
Brett

Quick Reply: EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! IDAHO WOLF HUNTING IDEA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.