Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! IDAHO WOLF HUNTING IDEA!

Old 06-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I think I have a great idea about Idaho..... EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!

Okay guys, sorry this hasn't been taking off like it should, I posted an advertisement in the Deer hunting forum, because most people in the forum arefrom the East, don't hunt wolves anddon't live near them, but theycan help people,residents inIdaho.

I myself am flat broke, so I can't start anything off. Sorry, maybe nctaxi could benefit from it, basically pay for wolf pelts.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I think I have a great idea about Idaho..... EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!

Well, at least this thread gained the status of being, "A Hot Topic", due to my monologue.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

Younggun, have you been smokin that stuff again?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll start paying for residents in Idaho to shoot wolves when they start paying residents in VA to shoot geese (although there are places with a bounty already...but I ain't seen no $$$).

I posted up on the other forum about how lame this horse is....and I want my voice to be heard too.

Younggun...I like your fire and drive pup and I admire you for it...however, I think your fire is a little bit misguided.....you can't vote...let alone buy a gun...so don't tell everyone you are about to buy a gun and can't decide...because I'm sick of seeing threads like this and like those. Granted...everyone has a right to post...and you excise that right nicely, but put a little rational thought into this.....

If you want to do something pro-active.....go band some geese. The wife aspirint and I went yesterday and banded over 300. Good fun, plenty to learn and its a way of giving back to the resource. Its summertime... school is out...go fishing...play baseball...hit the pool....or heck...trade places with me and go to the office and I'll go fishing.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:25 AM

Default RE: EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! IDAHO WOLF HUNTING IDEA!

what happened to the 243? finally MAN up and get a real caliber rifle?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Garminator

Younggun, have you been smokin that stuff again?

??????What are you talking about?
Old 06-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I'll start paying for residents in Idaho to shoot wolves when they start paying residents in VA to shoot geese (although there are places with a bounty already...but I ain't seen no $$$).

I posted up on the other forum about how lame this horse is....and I want my voice to be heard too.

Younggun...I like your fire and drive pup and I admire you for it...however, I think your fire is a little bit misguided.....you can't vote...let alone buy a gun...so don't tell everyone you are about to buy a gun and can't decide...because I'm sick of seeing threads like this and like those. Granted...everyone has a right to post...and you excise that right nicely, but put a little rational thought into this.....

If you want to do something pro-active.....go band some geese. The wife aspirint and I went yesterday and banded over 300. Good fun, plenty to learn and its a way of giving back to the resource. Its summertime... school is out...go fishing...play baseball...hit the pool....or heck...trade places with me and go to the office and I'll go fishing.
Yes I do buys guns, I save up cash, my dad pays for the gun with his credit card, and I pay my dad the eqivalent of the price of the rifle plus tax in thecash the save up from my allowance, this is how I bought my rifle, so don't think I never am able to get a shotgun in my possesion, because next year, I'm getting one, so don't pretend I'm not.

As for banding geese,no one has the time to help me do it, andI don't know how to do it, my uncle, who takes me hunting,manages a pharmacy, and only gets two days off, he has to spend time with his family the one day, which is putting priorities straight, and he spends the other day sometimes doing something with me, or, everyone will go to my grandma's and have a dinner there, and spend time together.

My dad, he's busy, and I have yet to respect him as a sportsman, since he seems to only like shooting, not hunting, but he sleeps in the turkey blind, deer box blind, talks with the person who's taking us hunting about nothing but chruch and missionaries and church politics, and it invades what I'm trying to get away from, and invades what I enjoy doing, hunting.

I'm kinda' trying to do what I can, and stick to learning about hunting, even when I can be out there, and this website, keeps me going, because I visit it every day, I think about hunting every day, and I like it.

What did I ever do to you? Why are you mad? I am going to buy a gun the way youth all over the country do, what's wrong with that? What's wrong with you? I respect you as a hunter, you have taught me things on this site, what's wrong?

Old 06-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

wow tearing down a kid who is trying to learn and make friends and try new things. nobody from idaho is expecting a check from you or anybody else, atleast im certainly not. younggun was just brain storming and looking for new things to do. and besides how is what he is trying to do any less pro-activethan banding geese?

and younggun i dont want to discourage you, and i hope you do continue with what you are doing but realistically you have to understand that alot of people probably wont be in support of what you are trying to do.

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Old 06-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: caselesss5

wow tearing down a kid who is trying to learn and make friends and try new things.
Where is my violin?

Younggun, get ahold of the TWRA. They will direct you to a list of volunteer agencies and local waterfowl clubs and orgs that will be banding geese along with the WRA. Its a fairly big operation, and takes a bit of manpower. Its not exactly something you do on your own. Its kinda like herding cattle. You'd really enjoy it and you'd probably meet some new hunting buddies in the process.

Here is a link to an article I found for you from a banding they did last year. No clue as to if this is every remotely close to you geographically, but I used to catch rides with the district biologists for fish shocking projects up in the mountains of VA...and I live by the Bay.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/outdoors/article/0,1406,KNS_326_4816561,00.html

Part of the study to help set regulations for an early goose season in your state.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grainger County is really far away from where I live. I live on the border with Georgia, about20 miles from it or less. Besides, I think you have to be an adult to band geese, and be a TWRA personell member, but still, they're too far away where they're doing that, no one's going to be able to drive me all that way. The nearest biglake isHarrison BayState Park, but it takes over half an hour to get there, and they never mentionedbanding anything there.

Thanks anyway for finding the article, if they ever come my way I'll look into it.

Quick Reply: EVERYONE, PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT!!!!! IDAHO WOLF HUNTING IDEA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.