Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

MOOSE HUNTING INFO?

Old 05-14-2007, 10:48 AM

Default MOOSE HUNTING INFO?

I am looking for a moose hunt for next year, can anyone recommend a good outfitter? preferably in an area with no draw for tag.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MOOSE HUNTING INFO?

I hunted here in 2005

http://www.biggameoutfitting.com/hunting_photos2006.html
Old 05-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Is your goal a trophy,or just a legal bull?What is your budget?Newfoundland has a very good moose population and reasonable prices,but the trophy potential is not good.Northern B.C or has much better odds for a trophy bull,but the price is higher.Alaska or the Yukon has the largest bulls and the highest prices.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:24 AM

I concur with what stubblejumper said about the varying moose hunting opportunities. I will only add that central Canada, such as Manitoba, offers a great in between. Hunts are slightly higher in cost than Newfoundland and much lower than AK or BC. Trophy quality is good, especially if you want to take a representive animal in the mid 40 inch spreadto low 50 inch range, not neccessarily a trophy in some areas, but still a great moose.

Whatever kind of moose wherever you want to hunt, we book for outfitters in all of the areas discussed, and I would be glad to discuss your hunt with you in more detail so we can find the right outfitter for you. Check out our website and give me a call or shoot me an email and we can get you set up.