Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wyoming Sheep/Goat/Moose Draw

Old 05-02-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Wyoming Sheep/Goat/Moose Draw

Results are up for Wyoming Sheep, Moose,and Goat draws. Did anyone draw a tag?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Wyoming Sheep/Goat/Moose Draw

I got nothing. No suprise there.
My 17 year old cousin, on the other hand, just did the impossible. He drew a sheep tag with only 5 pref points. The odds of doing that are nearly 0. Talk about lucky!

The downside- he has to get knee surgery sometime soon. Hopefully he is completely rehabed in time to hunt this year. I might get together with his older brother to make a few scouting trips for him this summer, though. I'll even go along on the hunt as a packer if he wants me too (can't say that I'd mind).
Old 05-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

I drew a WY moose tag-----I had 7 points----drew unit 24. CB
Old 05-03-2007, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

7th year applying......0 for 7. Who wants to hunt a big stupid moose anyway (man I do so bad). I almost cried when I seen the dreaded "unsuccessful" again. Good luck and congratulations CO Bob on your tag.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:54 AM

Congrats on the moose tag. I drew one about 13 years ago and killed a decent bull in area 37. I have one less than max for sheep, but I'll have to wait another year. Just bought pref. points for moose, but have 8 points so should be able to draw a tag in the next couple years.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:10 AM

Me and my dad didn't get our moose tags, but we only had 2 pref points.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

I got skunked but my brother got a cow tag in eastern WY. He lives in Denver and it's just a short drive for him. I live in AZ and didn't care for the drive to only go for a cow (may regret that decision).
Old 05-07-2007, 09:35 PM

Just curious but on average how long does it take to get drawn for a bull or cow moose in wyoming??
Old 05-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

It took me 8 years. Bull tag
Old 05-08-2007, 10:51 AM

Tough one to answer. Because it is statistically easier to draw a cow tag than bull, and some areas are easier to draw than others. (Because nobody puts in for them.) They don't hold a lot of moose and/or are mostly private land which makes access hard.
I've just been turned down . . . again. I now have 9 pref points. I don't expect to draw for another 3 or 4 years cause the area I want will take 12 or so points to draw for a bull.
You stand a better chance drawing on your first year because our G&F reserves a small percentage of tags for each area JUST FOR those first time applicants, both resident and non. If they didn't, what would be the point of ever applying? I know of a hunter who drew a moose tag his first time . . . waited the required 5 years before applying again . . . AND DREW AGAIN!!!!
In fact, it's because of this that I do not recommend buying points. Be a first time drawer every year! You'd probably get it sooner. And if you're in Alberta, why on earth would you want a Wyoming moose?! (lol)

Quick Reply: Wyoming Sheep/Goat/Moose Draw

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.