Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Blow Up Big Game?

Old 04-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Blow Up Big Game?

Remember the lambskin coats little old ladies used to wear in the 50's-60's well they are made from newborn lambs and yes they skinned them blowing air under the hide to make certain no damage [knicks/knife holes]was done to the pelt.Seen a TV documentery about that years ago somewhere over in Eur/Asia and the tribesmen used mouthblown straws.Just for imformational purposes,I'd use a knife and meatsaw.I like a chainsaw for splitting moose.Buy a cheap $150 sawthen drain out the oil and run a quart of vegetable or corn oil through it.Use it only for cutting meat.The older saws were less hassle because they had a manual oiler and all you had to do to clean the blade was run it into a hardwood block for a few seconds dry of course.Harold
Old 04-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Blow Up Big Game?

..several rounds of Co2 capsules seem to work just as well.