Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

When are people going to learn!

Old 04-23-2007, 10:55 AM

Default RE: When are people going to learn!

What are penalty points? Are those like demerits? What impact would they have?
Old 04-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately, this is the current fallen, evil nature of man. It's not just in hunting, fishing, but in every aspect of human endeavor or misendeavor in these situations.

You'd be amazed of the many ingenious the computer hackers are who find so many ways to break into computer networks to steal valuable information. We always think, "if only they'd put that effort and inventiveness into honest work, they'd be rich." But unfortunately in such cases, as with poachers in the wild, these people make the conscious choices to take the illegal and unethical path. That's why we need police, warden, military, etc. in their respective roles.

People have to make the choice not to follow that way every day. It takes a change of heart and examples of moral people to make those right choices.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:07 PM

I agree with that. Maybe jail time or really stiff fines would be more appropriate.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well done to the hunters who reported them.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: moosehunter30

ORIGINAL: younggun243

I think jail time would be a good thing to have, but not losing hunting priviledges for life all over the nation, that's too much.

Don't you think having your gun gather dust for 3 years is going to make you want to be more careful next time?

Let's say a kid shoots a turkey, and realizes he forgot his hunter's safety card at home, do you think he should be kept from hunting for his whole life that's in front of him? If you start handing out these kinds of measures, you'll end up having people wrongly have their hunting priviledges taken away for life.

Sure, take their gun, send them for a little jail, and a fat fine, with hunting priviledges gone for 2-3 years, but not a 10-year sentence, no hunting for the rest of your life, and never being able to purchase a firearm.

That's the moment we need torealize, it's just an animal.

Do you think a poacher is going to think $2,700.00 is worth shooting an animal you'll not get to keep? I don't think so, though I think a little jail time wouldn't hurt those guys too much.
meh... i agree. ur probally right how they shouldnt have a lifetime hunting suspension but they deserve a massive fine. They should make such a huge fine 4 stuff like that so poachers wont even consider stupid stuff like that.

Lifetime probation maybe? Review the individual periodically or something to that extent. Many times poachers are found to be repeat offenders.