Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Buffalo Hunting..

Old 03-03-2007, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default Buffalo Hunting..

Looking for a good place 3 of us can go on a Buffalo hunt out west, archery hunting and wild buffalo if possible, anyone got any info???Thanks..
Old 03-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buffalo Hunting..

Are you wanting a "true" wild hunt, or just a big ranch? I think if you are wanting a truely wild hunt, then you have to apply for the state tags in the 3 states that I know of that have wild bison herds. Utah, Arizona, and Alaska. Wyoming has a list you can get on also, for bison that come off the parks. Montana also has a buff hunt, but I think it is for residents only.Be prepared to schell out some $$$ and wait in a VERY LONG line.

There are, however ranches in a few states that have buffalo hunts. Wyoming, S.D., Montana, but I don't think they truely offer that "wild" hunt that most people are after.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

CB,

Check out this place if your looking for a ranch to hunt. It's not wild but they have a very large ranch and this is where my brother and I are considering going either late this year or next year. My brother lives in Denver and is planning on going out to the ranch and checking it out to see if it lives up to its claims. http://www.bluemtnbison.com/Hunt.htm
Old 03-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.arrowheadoutfitterswyoming.com:80/Buffalo%20Hunt%20Info.htm