Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Old 03-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Irony at its finest hour. One animal (humans) who have multiplied at an alarming rate and migrated to inhabit all corners of the earth, Ferrell Primates if you will, are discussing the eradication of one of natures finest animals. The wolf has an important job. It separates the week, diseased or genetically inferior from the rest, kills it, and cleans up after its self. But, since it is creative enough to make its way through our low cost (remember, we don’t want to pay too much) cattle fences, we must destroy it. Have we lost our creativity? Have we become unintelligent through our selfish views?

“If you were to look at the world from third persons point of view, the human, would appear to be infested like a rodent, and would need to be exterminated for the rest of the world to live in peace.”

Jacque Custo

Oh look, the infested, obese naked apes don’t like the hungry wolves killing their #1 source of saturated fat and cholesterol. Sounds like a big problem! But the bigger problem is that we have become so lazy and fat, that we can’t stand to get off of our couch, turn of the TV and leave the air conditioning to go see this problem first hand. I know – go create a nasty disease in a lab somewhere and give it to the wolves. That way, I can sit right here and enjoy my steak dinner. I won’t be inconvenienced even a bit…

Man’s best friend is the offspring of the wolf, but I guess we have no use for them anymore. Let’s just go play god.

This type of activity makes me embarrassed to be human.
I'm sorry you feel the way you feel about the human race. To bad we couldn't keep t-rex around to. I'm proud of my ancestors, and I'm proud to live in a free country where people with different opinions can express their feelings, no matter how right or wrong they may be.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm kinda thinking our "grandfather's selfish acting and thinking" (read "get-the-friggin'-job-done") accounts for how we won two world wars each in less than 4 years....
What exactly does winning two wars have to do with wolves?

To bad we couldn't keep t-rex around to.
Humans didn't attempt to exterminate T-Rex.

When are you guys going to come to thepainfully obvious realization that the attemptedextermination of wolves, or any other animal, will get you absolutely no where with anyone except yourselves.

Like it or not the "touchy-feely, politically correct, goody-two-shoes, be-all-things-to-all-people folks" are always going to be there to bring them back againjust as soon as you get done killing them off again. You people are either going to learn to live with the wolves in some capasity or you, your kids, etc... are going to continue to waste time, resources, andmoney trying to kill them all off again. And guess what?????? It will all be for nothing cause it will never happen again.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I'm kinda thinking our "grandfather's selfish acting and thinking" (read "get-the-friggin'-job-done") accounts for how we won two world wars each in less than 4 years....
What exactly does winning two wars have to do with wolves?

To bad we couldn't keep t-rex around to.
Humans didn't attempt to exterminate T-Rex.

When are you guys going to come to thepainfully obvious realization that the attemptedextermination of wolves, or any other animal, will get you absolutely no where with anyone except yourselves.

Like it or not the "touchy-feely, politically correct, goody-two-shoes, be-all-things-to-all-people folks" are always going to be there to bring them back againjust as soon as you get done killing them off again. You people are either going to learn to live with the wolves in some capasity or you, your kids, etc... are going to continue to waste time, resources, andmoney trying to kill them all off again. And guess what?????? It will all be for nothing cause it will never happen again.
I never said I was for extermination or introducing a disease into them, but I am for strong management. My dad had a close call with wolves when he was a kid in Oklahoma, and they, (our grandfathers) did what they thought they should do. We have a better understanding of our whole eco system now and we know extermination is not the answer, but they should not be left to run rampant either. I'm not an expert by any means but I feel the same people that would let them run rampant do not give a rats ass about the future of hunting. Right or wrong thats my opinion.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never said I was for extermination or introducing a disease into them, but I am for strong management. My dad had a close call with wolves when he was a kid in Oklahoma, and they, (our grandfathers) did what they thought they should do. We have a better understanding of our whole eco system now and we know extermination is not the answer, but they should not be left to run rampant either. I'm not an expert by any means but I feel the same people that would let them run rampant do not give a rats ass about the future of hunting. Right or wrong thats my opinion.
Then we are in agreement with each other.

The problem with many on this board is that they are for the extermination of wolves in the lower 48. They think that our ancestors knew what they were doing. Remember that they did the same thing to the bald eagle, white tail deer, elk, turkey, mule deer, bison,mountain lion, etc... etc... Yep, they sure "got-the-friggin-job-done".[:@]If they would have kept doing what they were doing we wouldn't have any wild animals left to argue about. It is sure sad that so many still have that same mind set of 200 years ago.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

agreed
Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

There is a cycle that all animals go through, but I forget what it is called. But, it starts off with low population when compared to the food sources. Then it balances out and there is just enough to go around (this is where good hunting practices should be employed) and finally the next stage is not enough food for the population, sickness/disease set in and get the numbers back to where they should be.

My question is - why do we need to play god? Let nature work its course, and hunt them if you like. But do it in a manner that will actually help them. If anyone is over populated it is us. Can we not look inward? Do we not find comfort in the truth?

If you were to figure out what the top one hundred dangers were in the forest, and then eliminate them, you would not have fixed the forest. You would have ruined it!
Old 03-06-2007, 02:11 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

"....What exactly does winning two wars have to do with wolves? "
Theanswer to your question is mostly the part you chose to leave out...
"Thinking and Acting"(the "selfish" part, remember?):
=Mission (thinking),
= Commitment (thinking),
= Decisiveness (thinking),
= Allocation of resources (action)
= "Walk not talk" (action)
= Results (action)

Winning a WW or two is no little thing and a credit to the attitudes of a generation (or two);
80,730 wolves in Montana (per the article)ain't a bad performance either. IMHO, ithelped set the stage for the huuuge herds of elk we see now. I suppose there's some who want to see those numberso re-instituedagain....

I also credit the same generationwith,following the starvation of the Great Depression, bringing wildlife back from the brink and setting the stage for Colorado to develop the largest elk population in the world.... while it lasts.... (read largestupcoming wolf smorgasboard in the world).

"....It is sure sad that so many still have that same mind set of 200 years ago...."
Hmmm, 1807.... Lewis and Clark era and the cusp of thebeginning of the "Winning of the West" and the embracement of "transcontinental destiny".... I'll take that, thanks.
Old 03-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

You people are either going to learn to live with the wolves in some capasity or you, your kids, etc... are going to continue to waste time, resources, andmoney trying to kill them all off again.
i find this comment "you people" interesting because the last time i checked the states that are in the middle of this wolf issue didn't include colorado.the only reason we are having the problems now is because of blowhard environmentalists that live in new york and california, and now that the wolf population is way over what they predicted they have magically disapeared.

second of all, i dont know anybody that can "learn to live with" someone or something that is a threat to their way of life or their family. a wolf harrassing one of my cows might not be that big of a deal to most people but when she is so nervous she loses her calf, that ain't right. and if thats not a good enough reason for you then maybe i would like my kids to be able to go out play in my back yardor walk to their friends house down the road without having to worry about a pack of wolves deciding my 8 year old daughter looks like a tasty snack.

SSS
Old 03-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

There something very wrong when laws proposed and inacted at a federal level by people who've never lived in wolf country make it a crime punishable by a year in prison and $100,000 fines for anyone who'd dare to protect their animals and if need be their family from a predator.
People in states that have populations of wolves by in largeare not for eradicating the wolf, they are for having a say in how big their population is and having recourse in case where they are a threat to peoples' safety and livelihood.
If you haven't lived where Grey (Timber) Wolves snatchyour dog and carry it off to eat20 feet in front of you while your on a walk on a dirt woods road 100 yards from your homeor had them follow you out in the woods, with no right to protect yourself without the real possibility of federal charges brought against, then I'm afraid you're not speaking from experience of what many who have experience these and other serious consequences of unchecked wolf populations in these states.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

The wolf is an incredable animal. Nice to see them back where they belong.
A mute point perhaps but the Brits and French pretty well had the Germans on the ropes in WW1 before America showed up. It was the Russians who beat them in WW2.

Quick Reply: Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.