Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

THE ULTIMATE QUESTION!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2007, 09:44 PM

Default RE: THE ULTIMATE QUESTION!!!!!!

I'm actually VERY picky about my triggers now because I had shot the A2 religiously for a few years.....this has caused me to yearn for the same smoothness of the trigger pull.....well it's certainly is "smooth" for me because I was conditioned to it.
For this reason the last two major rifle purchases have been Savages with their Accu trigger system that allows me to adjust accordingly.
The only thing that I have found that is similiar is a Remington Varmint rifle that I was drooling on at the local sporting goods store the other day!
I'm looking for a .223 varmint rifle right now, and even though I have liked some of the other weapons, I just can't get past the Accu Trigger's dynamic capabilities when you set it to a pull that is as light, or lighter, than the A2's!
I too suggest you give them a whirl! You don't get the true feeling unless you actually get them out and adjust them, a lot of the time the dealers have them set pretty heavy. ThoseAccu triggers make a seriously big impact on how much I'm enjoying my shooting!
Happy Shooting
~Cam
p.s. It is good to know someone else is plagued by the conditioning the A2 gives you. I actually always loved the feel of that weapon's spring as you pull that light trigger. There are people that have some pretty upsetting things about the A2....but I absolutely LOOOOVEEEDDDD firing them!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:52 PM

"I actually always loved the feel of that weapon's spring as you pull that light trigger."

I know what you mean bro, it was nice!

Yeah, I want to try out the accu-trigger, I'll probably end upgetting a Timney for my Ruger though I don't want to spend toomuch on my rifle other then ammo to practice, practice, practice, with. I need to start saving for my trip out west. I need stuff like a range finder, gps, and stuff. I'm on a mission!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

what!?!?!? nobody wanted to hunt Polar Bear with a Recurve Bow?
Old 03-06-2007, 11:54 PM

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

what!?!?!? nobody wanted to hunt Polar Bear with a Recurve Bow?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

That's like saying......"nobody wants to kick a starving lion in the balls???"
Old 03-06-2007, 11:58 PM

ORIGINAL: M77man

"I actually always loved the feel of that weapon's spring as you pull that light trigger."

I know what you mean bro, it was nice!

Yeah, I want to try out the accu-trigger, I'll probably end upgetting a Timney for my Ruger though I don't want to spend toomuch on my rifle other then ammo to practice, practice, practice, with. I need to start saving for my trip out west. I need stuff like a range finder, gps, and stuff. I'm on a mission!

Last Sept. I got a Garmin Map 60Csx GPS....and I tell you what...it was the best $400 dollars I have ever spent on hunting gear! You spend a touch less but you get an ultra fast reciever, a gorgeous color screen, water proofing, an upgradable memory chip and a whole slew of other cool little things on it.....including the moon phases of animals movements, that's kind of cool too. Most places you will spend 500 plus on the device....amazon has it on sale for the low three's right now!!!!

There are severl Map 60 series...if you get it spend the extra money for the CSX as it has the new antennae that is the "most advanced reciever on the market" and it has the upgradeable memory in it!

It wins every review I have ever read about the GPS systems! Trust me, it's the baddest thing to hit the GPS market!

~Cam
Old 03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to go on a trophy, guided mule/elk hunt in the mountains with my dad. Its been my dad's goal his whole life to kill a mature bull elk, and he hasn't got it yet. For rifles I would be shooting my Browning A-Bolt Stalker in 7mm Mag with 160gr Barnes TSXs, and he would be shooting a Browning BAR Shortrac in 300WSM with some home brewed handloads as well.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Typical Buck

Id go to the Kodiak islands for a huge bear and a blacktail mixed hunt. Id brin my poppin fresh friend andrew. Id do spot and stock with a 30-30 single shot with 170gr. Hornadys just cuz. Of course andrew would be packin a 375 in case something goes wrong.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:17 PM

1. colorado or montana
2. elk
3. my dad and my uncle mike
4. 338 winchester
5. same thing we use here in pa nothing at all haha
6. fall for about a week
7. all 3 of our bulls with the mountians behind us