Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

THE ULTIMATE QUESTION!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 05:30 PM

Default RE: THE ULTIMATE QUESTION!!!!!!

1. Alaska
2. Bull Moose
3. My dad
4. My trusty 30.06
5. Nothing special at all just what i got now.
6. During Peak Rut so fall and i would like to spend a week.
7. Me and my dad on either side with the rifle in the antlers.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:45 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

1. Where would you hunt and what kind of terrain?
Tanzania & Botswana, South Africa to "clean up on the plains game and pickup the rhino."

2. What would you hunt?
Nine Week Full Bag Safari, Big Five Plus as much PG (15 or so species)and Wingshootingas would fit also a couple Mambas (green and black), a Cobra, a puff adder, and a big arsed python.

3. Who would you bring?
Only my best friend and long time hunting partner.... one of the toughest guys I know and one who can always make a good time out of any situation.
[IMHO, foreign/strenuous circumstances guarantee trouble whenyou go to putting too many people into the mix.]

4. What would be your weapon of choice?
Semi-typical Long Stay Battery: 338WinMag, 416 Rigby, 458 Lott, and a 12 gauge shotgun

5. What kind of dream equipment would you bring?
Twopair Swaro binoculars, Bwana Hat, and a Pith Helmet for lite moments.

6. What time of year is it/How long will you be hunting?
July-August,Nine Weeks

7. What would the trophy picture look like?
The two of us, PH's, Trackers, mucho game, etc. etc. etc.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: wyotimberghost

1. Where would you hunt and what kind of terrain? AK- everything from the mountains to the coastline.

2. What would you hunt? Dall Sheep, Bear, Moose, Caribou, Wolf, Mountain Goat

3. Who would you bring? An alluring young woman to cook for me and make sure there's always wood on the fire. And also my cousin, dad, uncles, and brother

4. What would be your weapon of choice? Dakota Arms model 97 Long Range hunter in .300 Dakota topped with a 3-9X40 Swarovski

5. What kind of dream equipment would you bring? A team of native packers

6. What time of year is it/How long will you be hunting? Late August/ Early September

7. What would the trophy picture look like? A trophy in every species I hunted
[/quote]

That there is one sweet setup on your firearm! I can't picture any hunter that wouldn't want that!!!

I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any Russian tundra hunts on here!

Keep it up, I'm loving reading this! The worst part is that instead of having my one dream hunt...I have about five of them now hahahah!

~Cam
Old 03-02-2007, 09:05 PM

High country desert sage, wide open and filled with big animals.

2. What would you hunt?
Nevada Mule deer, Elk or Desert Big Horn Sheep anything in that open country that makes you feel small!

3. Who would you bring?
A couple of friends and a great outfitter!

270 for everything but the Elk. For the elk I would bring the Mathews Switchback!

A great pack and Lowa Sheep Hunter Boots and my Sitka Gear Camo System!

30 days for the sheep and elk and 14 days for the Muley! Rut preferable!

It would have my big smile and my friends by my side! The animals would be optional! Every hunt is filled with trophy pictures whether successful or not!
Old 03-03-2007, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Right here where I live (in Missouri) and be able to watch my son shoot his first buck. He has CP and is unable to shoot but he LOVES huntin with dad.That would be a dream come true for me!!!

Old 03-03-2007, 08:36 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

Box Blind?
Heat?
Old 03-03-2007, 08:46 AM

1. Where would you hunt and what kind of terrain? Idaho Handle

2. What would you hunt? Elk

3. Who would you bring? Troy and Patricia [8D]

4. What would be your weapon of choice?APA black mamba

5. What kind of dream equipment would you bring? nothin special

6. What time of year is it/How long will you be hunting? End of sept when the bulls a rippin for a week.

7. What would the trophy picture look like? All of us guys in there around Patricia's 1st elk.[8D]
Old 03-03-2007, 03:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Fuzzyballs44

Let's have some fun!

Money is not a concern, and you spare no expense.
You are guaranteed to draw any tags/license in the world.
It's your choice if you want a guide or not

2. What would you hunt?
3. Who would you bring?

This would be the ultimate hunt of your life....let's hear what you fantasize about during the weekly grind!!

HEY Fuzzyballs,

1. Montana mountains and valleys
2. Elk and Muley
3. My dad on the first trip and my son on the second trip
4. My Ruger M77 MKII 7mm Rem Mag, 30-06 for my dad to use, and the new 7mm-08 that I will be getting for my son.
5. Alice pack full of survival gear for me to carry on my back because my dad is getting older and my son is just too little. So being the former Marine that I am I will take on the load! HOORAHH!
6. Late October or early November and I would like to spend 5 to 7 days
doing it.
7. It would be nice to get that big bull but to be honest it would be the time well spent getting re-acquanted with my dad and some time with just me and my son away from it all and the beautiful mountains! OH YEAH!

Thanks for the post, this is the stuff that keeps me going. May never happen but I don't stop dreaming about it!
Old 03-03-2007, 10:06 PM

I'm of a HOOAH! background myself!Certainly not the aggression of the Marines, but military nonetheless! I tell you what, you get used to humping 20k on some of the ruck marches and it gets addicting! Taught me a lot about how to get my gear around now when I hunt!

Hey, I'm lookin' at becoming the proud new owner of a Ruger M77 .300 Win Mag. or like you, maybe the 7mm Mag.

What's your viewpoint....obviously youre a fan, but I wouldn't mind some details to seal my intentions!

~Cam
Old 03-04-2007, 10:20 AM

It's actually only the second hunting rifle I've bought yet. I just got started hunting a few years back with a cheapo 710. Last year I just bought my Ruger and I don't have much experience with it so far. It's not free floated, glass bedded, or have an adjustable trigger like the Browning A-bolt but it is half the price, is just as good of quality if not better,and does seem to be a decent shooter anyhow. I'll probably either get the trigger lightened to about 3 pounds (pull comes from the factory at 8 lbs) or install a Timney but that's probably all I will do to it. You can probably attest that if you are accustomed to the light pull in the double(some say triple) stage triggers in the M-16A2 or the M-40A1? I picked up pretty much all of them, Remington, Ruger, Savage, Browning, Tikka, Weatherby, etc. in my search and came to the conclusion that minus the free floated barrel, the Ruger MKII fit me the best and so that's what I ended up with.

All in all I am pleased with it, it's a well balanced rifle throughout and fits me like a glove. It's scope mounting system does not move andyou getscope rings with it so that part makes up for the heavy trigger job that needs to be done I guess.

I would suggest it but don't overlook the other brands either. Find the one that fits YOU best and good luck!

Quick Reply: THE ULTIMATE QUESTION!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.