Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY...OF HUNTERS...

Old 05-07-2007, 06:39 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

Default RE: DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY...OF HUNTERS...

Delete.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

We need to stick together but at the same time, we need to police our own ranks. One snob hunter can erase the good work of many good hunters. People tend to only remember the bad ones.
Old 07-21-2007, 07:07 AM

Hurtful things are more easily said while clicking away at a keyboard than would never be said face to face.

So next time . . . put a face on it!

I know discussions get heated on here at times, but some of those readings have opened my eyes to another's point of view and has made me a more understanding outdoorsman, hunter, person.

Keeping with the family theme . . . we are a bunch of brothers that sometime argue over the simplest things . . . But let an outsider of opposing views in, and our backs are to each other as we clean house!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sorry to bust up the group hug, but I don't feel I'm any more family with all hunters than I am with all of anyone else. Some hunters are in it for no better reason than to use their rifles on animate targets. Some will shoot the best game animals at ranges I consider contrary to the exercising of the true hunting skill set. I have known hunters that will break the law if given a chance to not get caught. Hell, I don't even think all types of weapons should be legal for hunting. If that shuts me out of the brotherhood, then so be it. All hunting is solitary anyway.

Ifn' you fellers wanna go ahead an' swap spit, I'll look the other way.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:32 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

Things are going to start getting interesting around here!

Old 08-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

I believe it was Ben Franklin that said "Gentalmen we must all hang together or we shall most certainly hang separately."
To beaver jack It's not about feel good buddies it's about being about shareing an intrest with 40 million Americans That 40 million Americans don't believe in .
I learned the most important lesson about family my junior year of high school as an only child I never had blood to stick up for or stand up for me . I was in the marching band and we had gone to an away game (our last for the band) and when we went to get dinner the home football team cornered about 20 of us in the parking lot wher upon the rest of the band came to the rescue just in time for the home jv to show up with the other jock buddies the band was about to get whooped our varsity team came to our aid and evened the odds . The jocks never said a word on monday and the "Bandies " never said a word . our only common ground was our school period ..... Just because I don't think hanging out 20 ft up a tree is hunting doesn't make it wrong an if it were to be outlawed I'd be almost a bent as the guys that depend on it for success .

The point of the post is that if we don't stand up for the the squirle whackers that use a shotgun the bow hunting deer elk moose hunters will lose too.

Heres to Ben Franklin and the rest of the subversive that made this letter possible .
Old 08-28-2007, 07:19 PM

Hey There;

We are located on Manitoulin Island, in North Central,Ontario, Canada. We have a good but economical outfitters for Whitetails & Black Bear which is geared for working people who could never afford the BIG BOX Canadian Outfitters.
Over the last few years here ,one of our biggest battles has beenThe Canadian Gun Registery, which has cost the tax payers of this country BILLIONS of dollars to harass hunters,farmers & rural people and has done absolutley nothing to stop or reduce gun violence. The criminal on the steet corner in Toronto simply does not carry a registered 9mm hand gun. Our politicans really have to wake up on this issue!!!
Please visit us @ www.youngshighrockoutfitters.piczo.com ( really think you'll like the pics!!!

Reguards;

oldmossyface
Old 08-28-2007, 07:27 PM

Above all else we must all do our part to introduce young people to the enjoyment of the hunting sports....The kids are our future and the "antis" want our ranks to dwindle......SO; Guys; "TAKE A KID HUNTIN'"

YOURS IN THE LOVE OF OUR HUNTING HERITAGE;

oldmossyface

Old 12-02-2008, 02:03 PM

Hear! Hear! Could not be put better!
Old 12-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Spike

"All hunting is solitary anyway" is a sad statement. The final moment is between you and the animal, but in between the very occassional 'moments of truth' are many enjoyable times sharing stories of success and failure with your friends, teaching your kids, planning trips with others, etc. Enjoy that while you can.

Quick Reply: DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY...OF HUNTERS...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.