Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

wyoming elk tag

Old 02-28-2007, 01:18 PM

Default wyoming elk tag

just wondering if anyone else drew an elk tag?? didn't get my first or second but did get my third. It's the first one in four years.And was wondering whats a good area for general elk tag in archery season is. And this is not my first time out but it will be for archery in wyoming have been out ten times in colorado,montana,idaho so i do know what i'm doing just need alittle help with new area. thanks
Old 02-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wyoming elk tag

South East Wyoming is good for Archery around Saratoga. You can also get into some good bulls on the west end of the state. Just scout the area and come mid to late september and the bulls will be easier to locate. What part of the state are you wanting to go to?
Old 02-28-2007, 02:41 PM

thats kinda the the area we have been appling for area 11 but didnt get that so may be 110. we hunt just be low that area in colorado and been looking out around jackson to and this will be DIY hunt .but thanks
Old 02-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

Unsuccessful again, limited quota,.looks like I will have to try Montana.[:'(]
Old 02-28-2007, 03:58 PM

ORIGINAL: NORMS KIMBER

just wondering if anyone else drew an elk tag?? didn't get my first or second but did get my third. It's the first one in four years.And was wondering whats a good area for general elk tag in archery season is. And this is not my first time out but it will be for archery in wyoming have been out ten times in colorado,montana,idaho so i do know what i'm doing just need alittle help with new area. thanks
Do you want to deal with grizzlies and wolves or no?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

We drew in Area 45, type 9. I'm pretty excited.

I was going to ask the same question as Wyotimberghost.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:21 AM

WYOTIMBERGHOST, dont really like griz and wolves but have hunted with them in montana and idaho. my bow is quiet the wovles will never hear it coming if it were to come to that
Old 03-02-2007, 08:08 AM

nobody else drew a tag only two of us??? guess we will not see anyone when hunting
Old 03-02-2007, 04:20 PM

I'm a new outfitter in Wy on our family's ranch and we have left over tags for our area in south east wy by elk mountain. The forest out of saratoga and laramie is good archery hunting as well just get back in where most people don't go. Our ranch is great for later rifle hunts due to the open country. Pm me if interested. We could try archery too.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My hunting buddy and I drew Elk Cow/Calf license tags for 64/6 for 2007 season.

Quick Reply: wyoming elk tag

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.