Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

"Potluck" Colorado Drop Camp Rifle Elk Hunt

Old 02-27-2007, 02:46 PM

Default "Potluck" Colorado Drop Camp Rifle Elk Hunt

Hi All,

I tried to arrange a drop camp elk hunt in Colorado for this coming rifle season, but everyone in my group has backed out due to costs. I still want to do a drop camp hunt, though.

Anyone need one person to fill out their drop camp?

I currently live in northern Virginia. I did live in Denver, Colorado for about 10 years and hunted the local hills for deer. I am hoping to hunt either OTC bull, or a cow, and am happy to go any season I can get tags for. Most importantly, I don't snore.

Please PM if you are interested and I will provide more info about myself offline.

--twofer.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: "Potluck" Colorado Drop Camp Rifle Elk Hunt

5 yrs ago I offered to pay for hunt companion( other than my hunting wife). No takers. Idea died for lack of interest.

Email me.

Maybe you and camelcluch and I can hunt elk or put something together for this yror for 2008.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:20 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

The unreliability/inability of mosthunting partners to swing morethan a quickouting to the local deer patch is one of the most underated reasons why so many determined individuals skip the "partner thing" andtake advantage of theguided big game hunts to get the job done without all the excuses and uncertainty.

Do-it-yourselfers banding together to defray costs and tap into experience is quite logical, yet evenin that scenariothe number of folks who are actually able to "play the game"seem to bepretty few and far between.

Somanyhunters seem to bein love with the idea of going on a remote/away from home big game hunt, but not at all in touch with (and for sure not in love with)the realities involved with actually making it happen. Over the course of time, I have heard enough excuses as to why "something came up and I can't go"to write a small book.

I've seen generous offers for empty spots in some ones elk campput forward on this board; however, I've never seen one go thru to fruition.

Good luck with this one; I hope it works for you.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I might be looking for one more but we are going bow hunting. Pm me if interested.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Somanyhunters seem to bein love with the idea of going on a remote/away from home big game hunt, but not at all in touch with (and for sure not in love with)the realities involved with actually making it happen. Over the course of time, I have heard enough excuses as to why "something came up and I can't go"to write a small book
Boy you have that right, its simply amazes me to see guys that absolutely have no problem dropping 100-200 bucks a weekend on drinking in a bar, bulk at the "expence" of going on a hunt out west. With 4 guys traveling from pa we can do a hunt for roughly 1000.00 per person and in this day and age thats cheap, some guys are just all talk.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:10 AM

Thanks for all the responses, everyone. I guess a drop camp sounds good, but the logistics put off all but the most determined.

Silvertip-CO - A PM is on its way to you

130woodman - I am taking up bowhunting this year, but I don't thjink I have the skills yet to bow hunt Elk. Thanks for the offer, though. Maybe next year?

--twofer
Old 03-02-2007, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Buckshot

Somanyhunters seem to bein love with the idea of going on a remote/away from home big game hunt, but not at all in touch with (and for sure not in love with)the realities involved with actually making it happen. Over the course of time, I have heard enough excuses as to why "something came up and I can't go"to write a small book
Boy you have that right, its simply amazes me to see guys that absolutely have no problem dropping 100-200 bucks a weekend on drinking in a bar, bulk at the "expence" of going on a hunt out west. With 4 guys traveling from pa we can do a hunt for roughly 1000.00 per person and in this day and age thats cheap, some guys are just all talk.
Boy,

You guys got that right! I have a buddy that is always going on about how he wishes he could go on hunts like me. How he wishes he had the money to go the places I've been. Meanwhile he's chewing snuff at about $4 per day, stopping by the bar each evening on his way home, and trading vehicles every year. He makes as much if not more money than me, He just spends it in different places. I save for a couple of years until I can afford to go on a trip, while he saves nothing and gripes about not getting to go.

Twofer, I hope you get your trip put together. I can't help ya, but hopefully you'll get it done.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:24 PM

sure wish id have found this forum last year,just recently started using the net (quite a caveman here) been trying to talk best buddies into a trip anywhere for the last couple years, nothing but excuses. wanted to do elk hunt for fall 06, no takers.finally have 3 best buds "comitted" for fall of 07elk hunt in ID.would look into possibilty of joining up with someone for spring or fall of 08 hunt for something anywhere.live in NE,OH.have good deerhunting here,just want to try something different.best buds are very tightly wrapped up with family issues and cant get away as often as i can,heck my wife trys to send me off so she can get some peace and quiet.no jokes please.any takers ?
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

Well I guess I have been lucky.

I have bowhunted Elk, and deer with Hunting.net members that I have met on here. All the hunts worked out great and I enjoyed it very much.

I think once you get to know people here through email, PM, and phone calls you can tell if they are sincere.

Don

Old 03-03-2007, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

I have never done the drop thing but I do hunt some nice country. I am not sure how much time I will have this year but good folks are always welcome.

Quick Reply: "Potluck" Colorado Drop Camp Rifle Elk Hunt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.